Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Spotting when period due

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
i had 2 days of spotting on 12th-14th dec this is when my period was due then period came really light on 24th-26thdec could i be pregnant or should i be worried i am usually really regular every 28 days
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Proud Mama
|

User Profile
replied January 18th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
When in doubt take a test. That is all we can really tell you hun. Some women do experience some differences with what they think is their period in the begining of pregnancy. However, bleeding of any kind is not considered 'normal' in pregnancy.

So, take a test and let us know what it says!
|

replied January 18th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
take a test Wink
|

User Profile
replied January 19th, 2008
what color was the blood? Was it brown, red or pink

- Brown could be just left over blood from your last menstrual cycle.
- Red is either your period or something wrong with a pregnancy.
- Pink can happen when pregnant and can be caused by the penis hitting the cervix and because it's so sensitive to the touch because of over sized blood vessels it can cause a little bit of bleeding. But, it could also be your period starting.

I would take a test or go get blood work done. Blood work is the best way to get answers because there is a 70% chance of a false negative but much much slimmer chance of a false positive.

Good luck and I hope that you get the result you're looking for. Smile
|

replied February 17th, 2009
Ive had almost the same experience. my period was due on the 9th but i didnt get it. On the 12th i had a little bit of blood when i used the bathrooom so i put a tanpon in thinking i had my period. Later i took it out and there wasnt a spot of blood on it. And its now the 17th and i still have no period. But yesterday when i went to my friends ultrasound with her i had the doctor do a quick ultrasound on me but he saw nothing. Is it possible i could still be pregnant but not be showing on the ultrasound yet?
|

replied February 17th, 2010
delayed but negative PT
I've experienced the same thing. I have my period on a regular basis. I have Spotting when my period is due then stopped for a week then spotted again. I had doubts so I have a transvaginal ultrasound and sad to say, no fetus. I have no blood flowing for two and a half months so another transvaginal ultrasound was performed since PT is always negative. Still no baby. OB prescribed med,so that I can have my mens. It seemed to be stress that caused that delay. Well good luck for all of you moms to be...
|