Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

swelling and pain in eyelid after rubbing

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
A few days ago I was rubbing my eye because it itched a little. Then I heard and i felt a 'POP' and right after that my eyelid started to hurt. It didn't hurt bad at first but then the next day it started o hurt more and I could see slight swelling. That night it hurt real bad to sleep on it. I woke up the next day to have it hurting a whole lot worse, so I looked in a mirror and one whole side of my eyelid was swollen and very slightly purplish.
I had a pimple under my eyelid of my other eye a while ago and it kinda looked similar to this, but i see no blemish of any kind around or under my eyelid. And when I lift up my eyelid to look and see whats wrong, it feels like someone is tearing my whole eyelid off.
If anyone has had a similar problem and/or might know what happened, please tell me!
I think I might have cracked the cartilage of my eyelid or something. I don't know =/
Did you find this post helpful?
|