Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

yeast infection swollen labia

Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....
hi

Okay so a few days ago I noticed I had a yeast infection. I had all the normal symptoms - Itchyness, burning, and a white discharge.

But then I woke up last night and my labia hurt a lot. I went and looked in a mirror and they were VERY swollen. They also looked very wrinkly and bumpy and they normally don't look like that. It hurt a lot to touch them. I'm not sure if this normally happens with yeast infections so im kind of nervous.

Today I got a fever, muscle pains, and nausea. I don't know if its related to the infection or not though...

So does this normally happen when a girl has a yeast infection?
I've looked up the symptoms online and most websites don't mention swollen wrinkly labia >_<

Im afraid I might have something worse.

Oh, and im not sexually active yet so its not an std...
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper ahj11111
|

replied January 17th, 2008
Experienced User
ive never had that with a yeast infection
i would recommend seeing your doctor right away
it could be something as small as irritation but i doubt it
|

replied January 18th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
Yeah, I'd definitely go to a doctor right away - a general practitioner, not a gynecologist. The fever and other symptoms are far more serious than your vaginal ones - though you MIGHT have Pelvic Inflammatory Disease. Actually now that I think about that and your symptoms, I'd get to the ER right away. PID is a potentially lethal disease that comes along suddenly and severely.

Yes, any vaginal infection can lead to PID, as can the use of tampons (though this is rare). I'd go to a hospital right away; your life may be at risk!
|

User Profile
replied January 18th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
Yeah, if you have an urgent care program where you are, that might be a good idea. Or run to a planned parenthood or something, most of them take same day appointments... (that is, if you don't have insurance or something like that) otherwise a hospital or try and get in with your regular doc

just get it checked out!
|

replied July 3rd, 2010
yeast infection
Yeast infection. I have exactly the same symptoms right now (red, swollen, burning, itching, sore, painful to touch) and the ob/gyn diagnosed it yesterday as a yeast infection. She told me to use Monistat 7-day, and to use the cream on the outside (labia) as well as inside.
|

replied March 22nd, 2012
I dnt hve insrance @ dis time bt I recently came from da clinic dey said I was negative on everything so its nt a STD.
I took a shower 4days ago with motel sap I had lying around
Instantly I had a yeast infection {red little bumps,swallow inside lips nt on anal bt super itchy,&white cream}
Idk if Equate 2%Cream works yet only used fa 2 days now even doe its a 7day treament
|