Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

carpal tunnel treatment

Must Read
Learn the basics about carpal tunnel syndrome here: causes, risk factors and complications....
Are some people born with carpal tunnel? More here on what can cause carpal tunnel syndrome and who is at risk of developing the condition....
Carpal tunnel syndrome is accompanied by very clear signs and symptoms. But how do symptoms change as the syndrome progresses? More info here....
I recently developed pregnancy induced carpal tunnel. The pain at night has become unberable and my hands are virtually useless. I have tried everything, elevating them, heat packs, ice packs, splints, wraps, acupressure, massage. Nothing helps. My insurance will not cover treatment. Does anyone have any healpful ideas?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 17th, 2008
Experienced User
Drink lots and lots of water and avoid sodium! That was the advice my doc gave me. I've actually cried at 5am because the pain is just horrible! I've been known to use ice/gel packs and wrap them with ace bandages to keep them on while I sleep. All these things help prevent the swelling in the wrists that causes the nerve to become painful. Pregnancy is responsible for this swelling.

Hope your hands feel better!
|

Especially eHealthy
yes i had it too Sad along with sciatica1 drink LOTS AND LOTS of water
keep hydrated im sorry youre going through this
|

thanks. I do keep them wraped a night but I will start drinking more water. Thank you.
|