Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Sick and pregnant (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
So, I'm pretty sure I'm getting sick.... I have a REALLY hard time swallowing, a MAJOR headache, I'm a bit warm... It SUCKS because I know I can't take any thing. The only thing I can really do is drink tea and gargle warm salt water.

Also, last night I was having some pretty painful contractions. They stopped Sad I got my hopes up...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 16th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
Actually, you CAN get a Chloraseptic spray. AND you can use Zicam!!!

I had the SAAAAME problem just the other day! I asked my Dr and he suggested these 2 things to help!!!

I couldn't swallow AT ALL!! I was crying it was so bad...I felt like I was being stabbed in my throat!!!

Sarah
|

Extremely eHealthy
hmm... thanks, Sarah.. I have the spray and I used it this morning...

yay! at least there is something I can take. I feel like CRAP
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
babymajic0506 wrote:
Actually, you CAN get a Chloraseptic spray. AND you can use Zicam!!!
Yeah I used Chloraseptic spray... and SOME docs say its okay to use a childs dose of kiddo medicine... just for a slight fix... but double check with yours on that one. The Spray I used though. Even though it tastes awful Sad
|

Extremely eHealthy
ok, yeah, and at my appointment on monday he had asked me if i'd been sick (since i lost 2 lbs). I said of course not. My brother was sick (for ONE DAY with the same thing) and now i feel like crap..thanks a lot Ryan lol
|

Especially eHealthy
is he concerned that you LOST weight?? Cuz I've lost 4.5lbs in the past 2 weeks! 3.5 one week and a lb last week!

But he wasn't concerned with it at all...

Makes me wonder if it's bad for me to be losing weight this late in pregnancy...

Sarah
|

Extremely eHealthy
yeah, he was concerned that I lost 2 lbs in a week...he asked if i'd been sick, I said no he was like that shouldn't happen. you should be GAINING weight, a lb a week
|

Especially eHealthy
WHAT?!

That really makes me nervous now... Why would I be losing 3+lbs??????

Oh Jesus...I'm starting to worry.

unless what I was losing was fluids...I have my appt on Monday. If I lose ANY more weight, I think I might PANIC!!

But then again, all Dr's are different. From what I've read, weight gain "normally" stops at this point.

Maybe, the weeks I lost weight I had retained water the previous week...

Sarah
|

Especially eHealthy
eww ashley being sick sucks Sad
feel better
|

Extremely eHealthy
Yeah, my doctor is an odd one lol.. I think 43 lbs is enough lol...

Thanks Suzy. I gargled warm salt water and slept almost all day. I feel a bit better but still kinda blah...
|

Extremely eHealthy
gahhh... I've been eating ice.. that's it. I've tried to eat other things and the ONLY thing that DOESN'T hurt to swallow it ice and that's because it melts by the time I swallow. Geez. by next Friday I'll prolly have lost another few lbs from not eating at all!

I HATE being sick...I can't even yawn without it hurting Sad Oh well, I'll be ok as long as I DON'T get a high fever.. I ALWAYS seem to when i'm sick. No matter what it is!!!
|

tylenol chough and cold dosen't contain anything but acedomenophen (how ever you spell that) Its perfectly safe for you to take and it really helps. Just make sure you take the blue one and not the orange. The blue just works better.
|

Especially eHealthy
ugh ice is all i could eat while i was in labor1 it sucked because i hadnt eaten all since lunch the day before LOL
|

replied January 17th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
yeah, that would SUCK if i went into labor while I'm sick because I haven't been eating at all really (since yesterday afternoon).. i had less than half a sub and a very small bowl of cereal... I'm STARVING but it's just to painful to eat real food... I'm gonna make mom go get some popsicles or something before she goes to class so it will numb my throat and I can maybe eat some actual food...
|

Especially eHealthy
Ashley, I SWEAR I had the SAAAME thing!! EVERY time I yawned my glands(in my throat) felt like they were going to burst!!!

I couldn't even swallow water without my throat KILLLLING me!!!

When I woke up in the morning I would cough for like 5-10 mins, expell some phlegm, and then nothing. But the WORST morning, I couldn't even talk.

Thank GOD it's going away!!!! I was petrified that I would go into labor sick too!!!!

I didn't eat much last week, and only lost a lb. It was the week before where I ate loads and lost 3.5!! EEEK!

I really hope you start feeling better!!!!!!

Sarah
|

Extremely eHealthy
Thanks Sarah. I've been doing EVERYTHING I can to feel better. I'm been resting A LOT, drinking a TON of juice... not talking a lot..lol which is normal with me Smile
|

Especially eHealthy
sleep is the BEST medicne!!

Do you find your throat gets worse at night??? Mine would be 'OKAY' during the day, but as soon as nighttime would come around...BAAAD NEWS!!!

Sarah
|

Extremely eHealthy
Actually, It does get a bit worse later at night... maybe that's just 'cuz I stay up until 4-5 in the morning lol...
|

Especially eHealthy
well i hope you feel better before going into labor... i was sick with macy and it was awful. Especially since since I had a csection every couch or sneeze was so painful.
|

replied January 18th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Well, as of right no, no more sore throat. I drank 2.5 QTs of juice in the last 24 hours lol very good stuff Smile but now, I have a constant migraine, my nose is stuffy and wont stop running... it really sucks. Also, something that wont help me at all is I'm up ALL night long then sleep half the day for like the past week..grr...

Thanks dani, that sounds terrible. I really do hope i'm better by the time i go into labor..

Oh, but I can eat real food now. Not JUST ice Smile
|
12 >>