Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

Burning Pain on Right Side of Body only

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
For the last week and a half, I've had a burning pain (feels very similar to a sunburn) on the RIGHT side of my body. There are no external physical symptoms such as a rash or bumps. I look perfectly healthy. It started near my groin, then it spread down to my leg, now it's on my abdomen, back and chest. The pain was on my face for a couple of days as well. After I wake up in the morning, it feels much better until I start to get up and move around. It is painful for the rest of the day. My internal organs do not feel painful nor do my muscles. I went to a dermatologist and they put me on Fexofenadine for three or four days with absolutely no improvement. Dr. now wants me to see a neurologist. Any thoughts as to wha tthe problem may be? Thanks, Ken
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 23rd, 2008
Burning Pain on Right Side of Body
My mother has been complaining for the past week of burning on the right side of her body all the way down to her thigh. She has no insurance and so I have been searching on the web for related symptoms. Did you ever find out what it was. She is starting to go thru menopause so I was thinking it was some kind of hormone inbalance.
|

replied June 7th, 2008
Sounds a little like Shingles to me.
|

replied June 11th, 2009
Burning on right side
I have had shingles and there are visible marks on the skin similar to chicken pox. I have had a sunburn like burning on my right side however it only hurts if I touch it and I don't have to be firm for it to hurt. There is no redness or any marks at all. However, my burning sensation is in a very small area and not down my leg or any real length of my body. I am also in good shape 25 and I do drink more than I probably should.
|

replied July 18th, 2009
Burning sensation
You can have shingles without a rash!
|

replied November 7th, 2009
half side mucle tightness
I had that and mine was from an imbalance of calcium I was taking too much and it was not getting absorbed in my muscles. I searched it. I found a strong vitamin C drink helped right away. It turns out there not enough acidity to absorb the calcium that I was taking. It seems menopause can disrupt the calcium magnesium balance. More magnesium may help also. Try a good packet of vitamin C drink mix in water. I found it took 2. But helped up my knee then hip then elbow and up to shoulder and neck. She will know very soon if that's it.
|