Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Odds of Conception?

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
User Profile
Hey girlies!
Quick question...what do you think the odds of conception are if your man ejaculates in you the day after your period ends? I'm thinking pretty slim as I'm a ways off from ovulation, but I also know ANY time you have unprotected sex you can get pregnant. We're not "officially" TTC until August, but we would still be thrilled if I were to get pregnant...so I'm just curious on the odds. Thanks, loves! Very Happy
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 15th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
there are no hard and fast odds on this. ALL women ovulate at different times during the month and in a PERFECT environment, sperm can live for 5 days. So, technically, you could get pregnant.

As far as percentage of chance, no one can tell you.

Good luck!
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Thanks so much for the reply...I know only time will tell for sure, but I was curious to see what the experts (you girls!) thought of the whole deal.

Thanks much! Very Happy
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
~^~She's right. Every woman is different. I'd say the odds aren't very high, but you can't really know until you've carefully tracked your fertility.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Yeah, I figured it was a pretty slim chance. Ah well, not TOO much longer until we can seriously try...I just have to be patient! I'll definitely start tracking my ovulation the closer we get to TTC.

Thanks for the replies, ladies!
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Just wanted to tell you that my sister got pregnant while she was having her period, 2 years ago. She knows it for a fact because her man was on leave from the army, and they were only together for a few days. She said that she was having a normal period, and it just stopped suddenly and a month later she got a big surprise. So, it can happen. I don't think it is likely if you are really regular (she isn't) but it can happen.

Good luck to you!
|

User Profile
replied January 16th, 2008
Experienced User
MrsLtd wrote:
Just wanted to tell you that my sister got pregnant while she was having her period, 2 years ago. She knows it for a fact because her man was on leave from the army, and they were only together for a few days. She said that she was having a normal period, and it just stopped suddenly and a month later she got a big surprise. So, it can happen. I don't think it is likely if you are really regular (she isn't) but it can happen.

Good luck to you!

No kidding! Really? Well, I suppose there's at least some hope then. Smile I'm actually normally pretty regular, so the odds are probably slim to none in my case...but I'll take all the optimism I can get! I'm having a hard time waiting until we're "officially" TTC. Wink

Thanks so much for the response! Lots of baby dust to you!
|