Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Skin rash around genital area

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
The itch started abt 2 weeks ago from the anus area. Then it spread all over my genital area which is now quite swollen and itchy because it developed into a rash.

I have been using a cream called, "Vagisil" for fast relief of feminine itching for around 4-5 days already. It seems to maintain my current condition but it is not getting any better.

I have been using a feminine wash for around 1 and a half years now so I doubt the problem arose due to irritation.

Is there any possibility that it might be an yeast infection or ( hopefully not) something worse?

p.s. I have a poor urinary tract. ( Just got a jab and antibiotics 4 months ago because of an infection that set in and caused me to have a very high fever and kept throwing up.)

Also the rash started when I took some medicine my dad bought from the drug store cause I had a very swollen throat.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 15th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
A rash? Vagisil is not meant to treat a rash. You could have a yeast infection, that causes itching, but not usually a rash that starts in the anus and spreads, that sounds more like an std or something else. Yeast infections usually present with itching and discharge that is like cottage cheese, as well as irritation in the vagina and pain during sex.

Why are you using a feminine wash? It's completely unnecessary and may cause more harm than good.

You need to see a doctor if it's spreading. Have you had unprotected sex? IF so, sounds like an std. Get yourself to the doc.
|

sorry not in the anus. its around. like the skin around it close to the vagina.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
ok

I still think you need to see a doc though!

A rash is bad.
|