Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Blighted Ovum?

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
Hello, 6 weeks ago my boyfriend came back from overseas for two weeks, I started taking the pill 2 weeks before his arrival, and I stopped 1 week after he left. Since then I had 3 light bleeding episodes, but not a proper menstrual period. In these days I have been feeling an excruciating mentrual pain so I went to see my ob, he perform a ultrasound and told me that I could have a blighted ovum, and told me to return in 3 weeks to make sure. My question is what are my real possibilities of pregnancy at this point?
Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 25th, 2004
Experienced User
I had a blighted ovum and the u/s technician told me but they stilll kept taking my blood every two days to check the level and they kept dropping. So they did a d&c they proably will keep take blood to make sure you have a a m/c. Hopefully its wrong and everything is okay.
|

replied May 1st, 2004
Hey, i'm sorry to hear your news. I have been through three heartbraking blighted ovum pregencies, do not let them make you wait three weeks, they did that to me the first time . I almost lost my mind tring decide weather to make plans or grive. They can do labs to check your hcg levels if they decrease after 48hrs and you continue to spot chances are there is no "viable fetus" I hated that term. The waiting is the worst. If you need to chat i'm here. Trust me I understand
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Andrijana Shterjovska