Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Impotence Due to Over Masterbation

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
Dear Sir,

Myself Saunder,

I started masterbating at the age of twelve and and masterbating 3 times a day since then , now i am 28.

at the age of 27 i noticed that i hv difficulty having erection . I consulted my doctor and he could not fix it up, he said iam having problem in my head.

After reading thru the side effects of over masterbation i am definitely sure that my problem are because of over masterbation.

I want to know from you about the best medicines to be taken to cure this problem.

Can u all pls recommed me some medicine to cure this ?

Awaiting for ur favourable replies,

Thanks ,

Saunder
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper saunder
|

User Profile
replied January 16th, 2008
not a doc, just my opinion
i would think it's more a head problem than anyything else...
I'm 10 years older than you, and masturbate at least as much if not more and have not had any problems....other than finding enough time and privacy to crack one off.
|

but do u get spontaneous erection i.e without stroking the penis ?

do u hv problem such as weak or soft erection.

my penis & legs feel numb as if disconnected from my body.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Masturbation, itself, won't cause impotence unless you think it will... so yes, it is in your head.
|

but there is a site setup only to deal with this problem

(edited to remove link)
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Oh honey you can't post links to other forums. Just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's true.

This is from a doctor (at mayo clinic website- http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/male-mast urbation/AN01189)

"Frequent masturbation does not reduce your sperm count nor does it affect your ability to achieve an erection. Younger men may be able to get an erection and ejaculate every day. But as men get older, their ability to achieve daily erections may decline. This is a factor of age and has nothing to do with the frequency of masturbation. "
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Masturbation is considered a perfectly healthy practice. If you are having problems keeping erections, that is a separate issue.
|

The most severe side-effect of masturbation is a sore penis from too much rubbing, that's it. Though I do think I know what you're gtalking about, but I'm not sure. Lately I've been having issues with getting an erecton and i think its due to me wanting to orgasm badly enough that I'll do it without much to turn me on, so I'll end up doing it with an "incomplete" erection if you will, and it won't feel nearly as good as when I have a full one. This might not be the case with you, I'm only 16, and if it isnt its in your head like everyone else has said. Masturbation is not only harmless but some what healthy.
|

Come to think of it, another reason for the problem might stem from trying to stay erect when you've ejaculated not long ago. After masurbating you might want to try waiting a little longer before doing it again. I've read in multiple places that men must wait at least 15 minutes before getting an erection, though I have to wait over an hour myself, maybe longer before i get the full urge and get it up all the way. This amount of time probably varies greatly from person to person, and if you have to wait longer there isn't anything to worry about.
|

replied January 17th, 2008
is that true that one should wait for at least 15 mins before having another round of sex? i mean i've pushed myself to have erections in lesser time many times before and I think the problem which I have now may be related. I can't keep an erection and lose it, during foreplay or while fantasizing / masturbation .....sometimes when am half asleep I notice that my erection stays for a long time but can't seem to keep it when am awake.....also the problem is worse when I'm standing and it's better when am sitting, erections are longer if am sitting or lying down......can this be a case of venous leakage??
|

replied May 22nd, 2009
penis dysfunction
hi im 23 and having impotence for the last five years.i started masturbation in the age of 10.now for several years im having weak erection and most importantly my penis is getting vertically leftward i mean its like 45 degree while turned leftward.....what should i do for my shape of penis which is seemed to be abnormal
|

replied June 27th, 2009
Masterbation that leads to temporary impotence
All reseach seem to indicate that mild forms of impotent like characteristics form over time when there is not a healthy period of rest is necessary. To allow for all body functions to return to normal. Simply put you may need to fast from pleasuring yourself for about a month or two and watch the labedo, stimulation and mo-jo return to normal levels. Your sexual organs just need time to recoup they are tired! Over worked like any muscle it needs time. Masterbation uses both muscle and sexual organ and both need time. As they say absence make the heart grow fonder. Denial makes the Penis grow larger and stay harder.
|

replied June 27th, 2009
Hi guys...read all ure posts...but has any one of you heard about chemical imbalance due ti excess mastturbation..? plz help me..
|

replied June 27th, 2009
If it doesn't affect your performance then why do people suggest masterbating before sex for those that finish too quickly? It seems to me that it's only natural that the less you do it the more inclined you'll become. I know when I don't do anything for a week I achieve an erection more often and easier than I do when I'm active for a whole week.
|

replied June 27th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Very wise answer...Unfortunately, many men do not follow your words...
|