Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Sickness and nausea with bowel movement

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
I wake up in the morning with a severe sick nauseous feeling thoughout my whole body and then have to get up and have a bowel movement. i am always retching and feeling severely nauseous before i have it. after the bowel movement i will get a severe sore feeling right the way up through my intestines which is so bad i can hardly move or know where to put myself and have to lie in bed for a few hours until the sick nauseous pain subsides. i also feel the pain and hot feeling in my arms and body.
can anyone tell me what this may be? ive had it for about 6 weeks now and docs don t know whats wrong. waiting for a gastro doc but will be another two weeks and getting desperate as so ill in mornings.
in the evenings i can start to eat and feel better, altho often the dull ache will stay in my intestines all day.
please help anyone!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 14th, 2009
I have the exact same thing. Did you find any help? I'm desperate for some answers!
|

replied September 24th, 2009
Did you find a solution?
Did either of you find a solution as I have similar?
|

User Profile
replied April 7th, 2010
Sickness and nausea with bowel movement
Same here. Going on 4 months since the first attack.
Was able to manage symptoms by eating smaller more frequent (and healthy) meals.
Also used herbal supplementation to improve bowel and liver function.
And finally, to minimize the panic attacks that came along with the nausea and bowel attacks, I supplemented to support my adrenals.
Only been a couple of months (took a couple of months of testing and process of elimination to identify the issue), but symptoms have not been as frequent nor as severe.
Essentially, I was able to get my life back.
|

replied April 11th, 2010
Re: Sickness and nausea with bowel movement
kbrownridge wrote:
Same here. Going on 4 months since the first attack.
Was able to manage symptoms by eating smaller more frequent (and healthy) meals.
Also used herbal supplementation to improve bowel and liver function.
And finally, to minimize the panic attacks that came along with the nausea and bowel attacks, I supplemented to support my adrenals.
Only been a couple of months (took a couple of months of testing and process of elimination to identify the issue), but symptoms have not been as frequent nor as severe.
Essentially, I was able to get my life back.

What supplements did you take? Have the doctors been able to work out what the problem is?
|

replied November 24th, 2010
nausea before bm - IBS
I am not a doctor but I have been doing a lot of research on this as I am also experiencing these symptoms. It seems that along with 13 million other Americans I have IBS and there there is no cure. The best relief appears to be increasing soluble fiber and exercise. Drink lots of water!
|

replied December 1st, 2010
Experienced User
sounds like worms; do a para cleanse
|

replied January 7th, 2011
I also have this sick nauseous feeling in the mornings--tried everything and been to renown endrocronologist with little results. Feel you have to treat yourself with whatever works--some ideas--adrenal support, multi-vitamin, especially B vitamins such a Vitamin B-5, and go to local health food store--sometimes they are smarter than your doctor. Mine has been going on for a year now--I have always thought it was keyed to gall bladder, but all tests are negative. I have LOST A LOT OF CONFIDENCE IN MEDICAL PROFESSION.
|

replied March 19th, 2012
Nausea and vomiting with bowel movement
I have had very similar symptoms going on my second year now!! The only differences seem to be I do not have the stomach pains and the other symptom I didnt see anyone mention is that, in my situation, if I do not get to a bathroom and release the bm I WILL vomit and if I do vomit I will vomit until my shoes come out of my mouth and then dry heave for almost an entire day. This makes things a lot worse because nerves can cause nausea and whenever I start to feel sick I get so nervous that Im going to vomit (followed by non stop dry heaving for a day) that I add to the nauseous feeling simply by worrying about it Sad If I do get to a bathroom and have the bm it still takes me laying down for about 2 hours afterwards in order to feel better Sad Im up for anything.....its really interfering with my life to the point of costing me one job already. I also should mention that 99% of the time this happens to me in the morning time, which i find strange.
|

replied February 16th, 2013
Please, please see your Doctor.
|

replied March 5th, 2013
My 12 yr old son has had this on and off for a couple of months. Last two days bedridden. Doctor I think.
|

replied December 4th, 2013
follow up...problem continues :cry:
Here it is Dec 2013 and Im doing an internet search for same problem and see MY OWN post from last year!! ha! how strange! (Lindseyzlaughter). Still happening....just was nervous when I saw the above post stating "please, please see your doctor" do these symptoms sound like something you know of?
|

replied December 5th, 2013
Grapefruit Seed Extract
I get the same thing. I'm going to try "Grapefruit Seed Extract" 125mg from Nutribiotic as it kills bacteria/Worms/Yeast/Fungal Infections in your stomach, waiting for it to arrive from Ebay. I'm hoping it will make me feel better. If I get "Die off" Symptoms after a few days of taking it I'm guessing I had too much bad bacteria. Maybe it is Toxins from the bad bacteria as they die before bowel movements that gives the nauseous feeling? Not sure. I get nauseous from everything in general though. My Mother has IBS as well but there is some bad bacteria that cause very similar symptoms to IBS.

On another note I hope the grapefruit seed extract helps with food intolerance which might also be a problem. I was tested for only being Allergic to Grass Pollen but I could also have an intolorence to some foods which don't show up as an allergy.

If Grapefruit Seed Extract doesn't work I'll go see my Doctor. I've always gotten nauseous from everything but thought it was just how I was or maybe I was over thinking it..now I'm not so sure.
|