Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

numb and tingly red lips after oral sex

Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....
I gave a guy oral sex two days in a row and within 2 minutes after the second day, my lips felt numb and tingly. About ten minutes later I looked in the mirror and on my inner bottom lip, i have a few bumps, and my lip is red. It's about two hours later now, and the bumps are still there but the tingling has started to fade. I am worried I caught an std such as herpes, but I know that symptoms don't happen that early. My partner says he's clean, but I am afraid of what is happening. Am I worried for no reason? Or should I definitely get tested? If so, what should I ask to be tested for?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 21st, 2008
it could just be some irritation... the skin on the inside of your lip probably got rubbed raw, and people's mouths tend to be full of bacteria... put the two together, and youve got a prime situation for a mild infection or irritation. it'll probably go away on it's own. if not, tell the doctor your symptoms and they can hopefully help. I personally think you're worried for no reason, but of course, I'm not a doctor. if you want to get tested to be sure, go for it. a test for herpes is best if you still have the bumps, so they can take a culture of the sores, but if not, then you can get a blood test.
|
Did you find this post helpful?