Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > TMJ Forum

Neuromuscular dentistry and J5 Myomonitor

Many of you have said many good things about neuromusuclar dentistry. I was looking on the internet and checked out the main supplier, myotronics, that makes most of the products for NMD. I'm sure it would cost a few grand, but it seems like it would make a great therapeutic product, even if you couldn't get permanent results from NMD.

They didn't list a price on the website, probably because they want you to have to pay for a course to get it or something.

Has anyone else looked into getting one of these?

Thanks again, MS
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 14th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
i have one----and you shouldnt really put that link here as it is selling them and we dont allow that---ill take care of it dont worry ---pm links is the best way to go. the myomoniter/ tens ususally cost somewehre around 600-800. so be willing to pay for it.

it really works--feels great.
|

replied July 12th, 2012
J5 Myomotor
Hi TMJWorld,

Thanks for the info. I would really love to get a J5 as my wife suffers from TMD pain and from the people I have spoken to about it, they say it would be of great help to her.

Unfortunately I have seen that it costs almost $5000 which is too much for me. If you say it costs $600-$800 I would be most appreciative to know how to get it at that price.

Thanks,
SaiJeevan
|

replied August 18th, 2008
Tell me more about this machine?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
it uses electrodes and gives an electic shock deep massaging the muscles and helping them to relax. if you use a neuromuscluar dentist you will already know about this machine--thats making me wonder about your doctor---i dont think you have an nmd
|

Yes that is the machine she used to make my appliance. So that my bite is in postion to when the muscles are relaxed. I have a tens machine at home so I could put that on my face perhaps?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
yes but it depends on which one it is is it the bns 40? some arent designed for faces and the pulse is too strong. check and see if its that one and then i can help you with set up:)
|

sent you a pm
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
k got tem
|

replied September 4th, 2009
My dentist is saying it will cost $5,000.00 - wow - does anyone know where I can get this done cheaper. I am in Arizona.
|

replied September 19th, 2009
I am also very interested in finding out where I can purchase one of these. My TMD manifests itself in the form of constant facial (cheek) pain, so I'm hoping a TENS unit will help.
|
Tags: TMJ, about ms
Quick Reply