Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

yellow oily liquid before bowel movement

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
yesterday after lunch my BM was preceded by what seemed to be just gas, but what was really a yellow-oily liquid of some sort. The liquid comes out very easily, in "farts" that are hard to control. I know the term "oily" sounds strange. it sure is to me because i have never had this before, but it kind of looked at first like the oil on top of soup. I've also noticed that it has a fairly thick consistency, like lining of some sort. (In other words, when I would flush, the yellow liquid would continue to stick on the inside of the toilet bowl.) I started having this BM after lunch yesterday, which was seaweed salad. Can someone please alleviate my concerns and tell me this is all because of the seaweed? Because I am pretty freaked out.

THANK YOU!!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 1st, 2008
It sounds like toxins.
|

replied February 8th, 2008
It's not serious. It's a case of "keriorrhoea".

Just indigestible wax/fats being excreted. Think of it like fiber, but in oil form.

It happened to me when I ate Escolar (an oily fish with indigestible wax esters that are not able to be digested by humans).

What you describe is also called anal leakage. Remember Olestra?
|

replied May 20th, 2009
yellow oily liquid before bowel movement
This happened to me. My stomach cramped before I had to go and it was accompanied by constipation. This was the first time for me. I know that I had been eating alot of junk food lately and not enough fruits and vegetables. That is what I thought it was from.
|

replied July 21st, 2009
ioly yellow substance in boels
non of the information was very helpful could certin vitmans or fish oil products cause it.is it serious there are no other systoms such as blood ect.
|
Quick Reply