Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Labor and Delivery Forum

c-section or vaginal delivery

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
I was just curious. if and when in the future I have kids. I was wondering if its possible, or maybe I should say my rite to opt for a c section in instead of a vaginal birth? Or does there have to be something wrong with the baby or me in order for me to get a c section done?

Its not because I'm gonna lose the body I have, or cause my vagina is gonna stretch out etc. Lol its more of a personal reason, but I would love to kno thanx!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 16th, 2008
Supporter
I don't know how it works in America but here you can only have a c-section if it's an emergency or multiples. Personally i thinks it's a bit stupid to try and get a section for the sake of your vagina but hey that's just my opinion
|

replied January 19th, 2008
I dont think you can just opt for a section!! I had one with my 1st due to him being breech, i have just recently had another baby and had a vaginal delivery in which i encounter major problems due to my uterus tearing from my previous section - this resulted in me having an emergancy hysterectomy.

So i wouldnt opt for one just because you think that is what you want as it may cause problems for you in the future. (and not forgetting it is MAJOR surgery and involves risks)
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
I have had 2 c-sections and 4 vaginal surgeries (of these four one was a vbac and the other was a vbac2c.) I have done extensive research on both vaginal deliveries and c-sections and the pluses and drawbacks of both.

From my personal experience and data that I have found, it is much safer and better to have a vaginal delivery. Opting for a c-section is possible, but you have to consider that if you do opt for one, there are many hospitals who will refuse you a vaginal delivery after that due to malpractice laws.

Going naturally is the way to go: it's much easier and that's the way it was intended Smile If you want any more info, please PM me.
|

replied July 6th, 2011
question: do you think after 12yrs of last normal delivery, and that i had diabeties and high blood pressure(but its gone cuz i got a gastro bypass) do you think a c-sec is good or normal delivery. See im scared that my body has gone thru so much changes and lost alot of weight that my body wont take it to have the baby..
|

Especially eHealthy
watch this video and tell me you'd rather have this done than delivering a baby the old fashioned way...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pky9DHxH0uo
|

replied January 20th, 2008
omg i have just watched and can now appreciate what i actually went through, not nice to watch!

i think that video is enough to put anyone off!!
|

User Profile
replied March 6th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
it is always better for you and your baby to have a vaginal birth. a c section shouldnt be opted unless you have complications or multiple babies.
im going to brave it and watch the video. i might have to go through it Sad
edit to add...site is under maintenance so cant watch it right now
|

replied March 13th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I will speak for myself here. I had all 3 of my boy vaginal delivery. There is come kind of a bond here. Not that you don't love your child any less. But, for some reason, my last one was natural with no meds. I delivered to fast. I was able to carry him in my wheelchair to the nursery.
Now my DIL had her two C-Section. They were to big to delivery. I have to agree that normally you will have a vag delivery and only in emergancy cases have a "C". To me there is nothing in this world then to go through child birth. Don't be scared. It is a pain you will forget. If you didn't no one would ever have children. Besides, they have come so far now to make things as comfortable as possible for you. I am sure you will do just fine when the time comes.

Carrie
|