Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

anorexia for years, never satisfied

Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
As long as I can remember. IĀ“m 37 and not over it yet. I have a fair weight now. IĀ“m a kick boxing blue belt working hard for the green one. Boxing has kept me alive, I eat Ā“cause I have to be strong but every bite is a torture and a sense of guilt that never goes away. People around me think that I m over it but all that I think about is that I have to try never give up or I will die...I feel fat even when u can see my muscles.Its never enough, its never good, never satisfied never feel ok. Every body talks about young girls with anorexia, I m a woman and I just know I will never recover from it, my doctor told me so. He said that u can reach a point of no return. Am I there? I fight every day and the pain is my best friend so that I can feel my body. I donĀ“t like to eat in front of others, I donĀ“t like to watch people feeding. I have gastritis and sometimes it hurts really bad. But I like it so it will keep me from eating even when I m not really hungry. I ve got lots of demons to deal with...but I try not to hurt those that I love and I just keep it to myself. Had breakfast today, I trained for about 3 hours, eat some rice and I think later IĀ“ll have some sushi rolls. Today is friday, sunday is my brotherĀ“s birthday, no cake for me.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 17th, 2008
Experienced User
Hi
it s so great to know u dont starve urself as u did before and do sport. I have been anorexic my BMI was 16.9 or less. and i know what does it mean to eat sushi for an anorexic...this is a victory,congrats. No cake? i am no more anorexic and bulimic and even i hesitate to eat a cake, this is not a healthy food, so enjoy the party . A joy and love is a great help!!!
|
Did you find this post helpful?