Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Green discharge after bowel movement

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
After defacating i have been bleeding a little which i thought wasnt anything serious, however the other day after a stool i found a green coloured discharge coming from my anus. i'm worried in case this is a serious problem and I don't feel comfortable sharing my problem with anyone. I'm a teen girl and of course i am very embarrassed about this Sad please help !
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 11th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
Green could indicate the color of a food colorant, or dye that you ate. Or, it could be the color of a vegetable that you consumed.

More worrying, though, is the blood. Do you have hemorrhoids or did you see the blood during constipation or straining? If it happens often, you should get it checked out.
|

replied April 14th, 2009
my body
i am taking meds. for a bladder infection. but i also have this green like discharge.

i have no clue what it is from and im worried about how i am to bring it up with my parents and all because i don't want them to think i got an STD from my boyfriend.

annything would help!
|

replied May 17th, 2009
Re: Green discharge after bowel movement
sicksally wrote:
After defacating i have been bleeding a little which i thought wasnt anything serious, however the other day after a stool i found a green coloured discharge coming from my anus. i'm worried in case this is a serious problem and I don't feel comfortable sharing my problem with anyone. I'm a teen girl and of course i am very embarrassed about this Sad please help !

that would be iritation of something inside. causing the discharge. like a green booger but from the other end. infection from germs. avoid pig meat like pork and also avoid dairy.
|
Tags: discharge
Quick Reply