Medical Questions > Mens Health > Testicles Forum

Testical Pain

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Hi I'm a 18 years old male and lately I've been feeling dull/aching pain in my left testical. It's almost like the same feeling you get when you get hit there. I felt a lump on it a while back but it's gone now, at least I can't feel it anymore. I'm very scared it might be TC. Is the percentage rate for TC at the age of 18 years old high? And do you have to remove a testical if you do have TC? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 11th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
Testicular cancer mainly affects young men between the ages of 20 and 39. However, the outlook for testicular cancer is one of the best for all cancers. Most men are cured.

Please go get checked! You can see a urologist for a specialized exam and you can prepare for it, by administering a self-exam.

* Lie in a warm bath or take a long shower. This will softens the skin of the scrotum (skin sac that holds the testicles), which makes it easier to feel the testicles inside.

* Examine the scrotum. Looklumps on the skin or swellings inside.

* Hold the whole scrotum and testicles in the palm of your hand and feel the difference between the testicles. One is almost always larger and lying lower. This is completely normal.

* Examine each testicle one after the other. Compare the two. Use both hands and gently roll each testicle between thumb and forefinger.

* Check for lumps or swelling as both testicles should be smooth except the epididymis is. It along the top and back of the testicle and normally feels bumpy.
|

replied January 11th, 2008
Thanks!! I also forgot to mention, my my left testicle that has been hurting became very sensitive lately too. I hope that's not another sign of TC.
|

User Profile
replied January 15th, 2008
Pain indicates something. Have you arranged for a preliminary appointment with your GP or a urologist yet?
|

replied January 16th, 2008
Yea, but he won't be able to see me until Feb. 1st. Sad
|

User Profile
replied January 18th, 2008
Supporter
At least you've taken some action. Now you can know that you will be going through the proper diagnostic requirements. Please check in with us after you've seen the doctor. Let us know what happened and what consultation was given. It could help someone else!
|

replied January 23rd, 2008
Okay, I went to get my ultrasound today. They said everything was perfect, I was normal but they couldn't explain why I get the dull aching pain. And they said if I feel the lump (that I felt before, it's gone now) again or if anything new, I should go back to them. I'm going to go to my urologist on the 1st just to get a follow-up, I'll let you guys know if anything comes up.
|

User Profile
replied January 24th, 2008
Congratulations. That must be a relief. Well done for taking care of yourself!
|

replied February 1st, 2008
Ok, I seen my urologist today and he told me that the reason why I'm feeling pain is because my it's inflamed? I have phimosis and he said that is the reason why my testicles are inflamed, the urine and waste don't come out right.
|

User Profile
replied February 4th, 2008
Supporter
Aha. What's the treatment?
|

replied February 10th, 2008
He gave me some medications for the pain and the inflammation and I'm going to go get a circumcision soon to see if it will solve the problem. Anybody have had a circumcision when they were 18 or older? Can anybody share their stories?
|

User Profile
replied February 12th, 2008
Experienced User
Might be best to post that question in the Penis Forum ...? You might get more responses.
|

replied February 12th, 2008
Oh, okay. Thanks.
|
Quick Reply