Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

burning sensation on skin when sweating

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
User Profile
Being eighteen years old and 180 pounds, I've always thought of myself as pretty fit, I keep a good diet and do a lot of walking. I can definitely outpace and outlast most people I know, no problem. Despite this, in recent years I've found that whenever my body gets to the point where I should be sweating, I instead almost inevitably start getting the feeling like there are thousands of little mosquitos biting at my torso and scalp. It's really quite annoying, trying to walk along resisting the urge to strip my clothes off and rake my skin against the cement--it really does get like that. Whenever this happens, I'll get home and do just that, except replacing the cement with the coldest wash cloth I can get. It eventually does die down, and there's no physical proof of it ever happening, no redness or rash or anything. For a while I thought it was a reaction to warm temperatures until it struck twice, once today and once the day before, near the end of a walk in the cold. That's the worst, when half my body feels like it's on fire and the other half is freezing.

I post this here in the skin disorders section because the only thing I can think of to explain it is that I haven't been washing my skin hard enough, even though I'm sure I have. Do these sound like symptoms for that sort of thing? Are my pores somehow blocked?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Erchar
|
Users who thank Erchar for this post: yureon 

replied January 17th, 2009
I am 18 also but 140 lb and i also have the same thing happen to me. If it is not burning it is extremely itchy.
|

replied June 11th, 2009
you've got something called "sweat rash" everytime u take part in any activities that cause you to sweat, the burning sensation arises on the body.
|

replied September 18th, 2009
I started getting the same thing about 2 weeks ago, and everytime, right before I start to sweat, I get a "Burning"/"Stinging" on my back, now it has spread to my stomach, and chest, upper arms, and upper thighs. IDK what is going on. I have an Appointment for next tuesday to get check out.
|

replied January 13th, 2010
Burning tingling skin when sweating
I have experienced the same symptoms off and on for years. I don't know what causes it, but after a few weeks it goes away.
|

replied October 31st, 2010
Try. Drinking more water. Or even a gatorade for electrolytes . I. Get it to. But found its worse when I'm dehydreraterd. Ur. Body is sweating. Out more chemicals than actual sweat
|
Quick Reply