Medical Questions > Mens Health > Erectile Dysfunction Forum

Hourglass Shaped Penis/ Ed???

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
I used to have normal erections, but for about the past 2 years I have this problem that is getting worse and worse! When my penis is attempting to get an erection and it is filling up with blood, my penis gets an hourglass shape "temporarily" until the rest of the penis swells up like normal. As this happens it is usually somewhat painful and my urethra near the tip of the penis hurts. But then it stops after the erection is formed like normal. In other words, the base of my penis begins to swell up as im getting an erection , and the upper part of my penis (just below the head of my penis) begins to swell up, but the middle part of my penis is indented, squeezed in and constricted! It looks just like an invisible band is squeezing the middle of my penis giving my penis an hourglass shape. But as the penis continues to fill with blood it eventually swells up like the rest of my penis. From that moment on my penis looks normal, the hourglass shape is only temporary.
I
I did not have this my whole life, it just started about 2 years ago. I have not damaged it that i'm aware of. This is horrible and I do not think that it's peyronies disease cuz I do not feel any hard lumps in it. I'm only 29 so i'm not old. I have no diseases that I know of. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 24th, 2004
I *think*
I think that you may have what's called a "phimnotic" ring... I am not sure if that's the correct spelling, but you can try looking for it on google.Com or about.Com. You might, however try going to the doctor because I have it understood that phimnotic rings dont ussually hurt, and pain is something to be concerned over. Call your urologist and schedule an appointment it's not that big of a deal. (just think about it like any other body part that needs taken care of)
|

replied August 26th, 2008
Hi,

This has been happening to me too. I also have been suffering from other symptoms such as an enlarged head of the penis, curvature to one side, and a change in the skin tone.

Have you had any luck finding out what could be the problem???
|

replied July 5th, 2009
hourglass penis
Dear Jumekee....I was surfing the net and found your message about the hourglass penis shape. I'm almost your age and have noticed this recently. I visited couple of different doctors and all of them prescribed the same medication for me...vitamin E, Colchicine and Turntal...Please let me know if you have already treated your penis or u still have the problem after all these years...please answer me back.
take care
sam
|

replied April 30th, 2012
I have gas this problem only when I pee. After I am done peeing the hourglass shape goes away. Also my penis does not hurt at any time. Anyone have any ideas what this could be?
|

replied November 27th, 2012
when i pee my penis goes right and when it come hard shap is also fall little right and feel no any pain and after hard shap when it come start normal it look like hourglass shap for few mints is this normal and i also show general physican he saw that is normaol but im confuse.
|
Quick Reply