Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Conditions Forum

severe pain under left rib cage

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
My husbend came home with severe pain under his left rib cage. He is one not to go to the doctor or to take pain pills. I have not been able to talk him in to seeing the doctor(we do not have insurance) but he found old pain pills and are taking them. He said the pain is about an 8 from scale to 1 thu 10. He is never sick!!!! the pain pills are from when he broke his finger at work this summer. He said when he takes a deep breath and holds it the pain decreases : This is scaring me and I dont care if we have insurance, I know he wont be able to take the pain much longer,its keeping him up at night unless he takes the pain med. Do you have any ideal what it could be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 18th, 2008
Hi. i'm 14. I just went to the hospital last night with the same exact thing. What they gave me was pepsid. With is just liquid pepsid ac. Give him that. It should work. And if not, then you should go to a doctor.
|

replied July 19th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Any chest pain merits a trip to the doctor. If you have not doctor then go to an ER. When you get the bill you can claim financial hardship and they may reduce the bill for you. It is worth trying. I hope you can convince your husband this may be serious and needs to be looked into.
|