Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

white and red blood cells in urine

Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...
What causes white and red blood cells and bacteria in urine? This is what my Dr. said he found in my urine, but after a culture he sent me a report that I did not need any antibiotics. I wish they would call you and talk to you rather than send you a post card. I have a couple follow up questions but I will never get him on the phone. I went to him because of persistent pain just under the ribs in the back on my right side. Any ideas or suggestions about the urinalysis? Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper trainted
|

replied July 18th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I know this is an old post, I am going through old posts to try and answer them.

The following is a link on UTI's.

http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/Kudiseases/pub s/utiadult/

There are other reasons for white and/or red blood cells in the urine, they can range from UTI, kidney infection, kidney disease, etc..
Your doctor should be following up with a phone call and further test.
|

replied July 21st, 2008
white and red blood cells in urine
Dear bokey1985

My daughter has the same problem. We've been through this for 15 months with 4 urologists and 2 nephrologists. They just refuse to do anything. In fact the current urologist said she would always have blood in her urine. I just don't buy that.
Her pain is her left flank wrapping around. Have you had MRIs and CT scans? We at least know that she has a growing kidney cyst in her left kidney that is a Bosniak II.
|

replied March 9th, 2009
Red Cells in urine - white okay
I have had 2 cultures done and both come up with red cells in urine. urine is dark. no infection, white cells fine. i feel fine no pain or symptoms of uti. what could this be? i am concerned. my dr. is now sending me for an ultrasound of kidney and bladder. what exactly are they looking for and how do you cure it. i also am on enbrel for r/a and have stopped when this occured.
|

replied March 17th, 2010
My 4 year old has high temp and they did a urine test as she is complaining of a sore belly .They found white cells and red present in her urine and now have sent it away for cultures .She also has a respriotory tract infection every 4 hours i have to give her panadol as her temp goes up to 39 degrees i am really worried
|

replied February 11th, 2011
white and red blood cells in urine no infection, lower back pain and lower tummy pain.
|

replied May 18th, 2011
Hi,

Did you get your dianogsis for this? I'm facing the same problem ( white and red blood cells in urine but no bacteria found in the urine) and is really worried.

Thanks!
|

replied March 4th, 2011
RE:Blood in urine, UTI's, pain in bladder, frequent urinations
I believe if s great deal of you look into "cystitus" you will find a great deal of the same symptoms. This is severe, but at least having an idea what you "could be working with" I hope can be helpful
|

replied October 3rd, 2011
my 6yr old daughter is having a lot of pain in her right side she was put in the hospital due to large amout of white and red cell in her urine, they did a culter and came up neg. now this has been two wks now took her to the doc and did another and she still has the counts they tell me she is ok just keep a eye on her she keeps spiking temps and then go away , not sure what to do anyone can help please let me know
|