Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Community Chat Forum

Is It Normal to Want Another Baby?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Jayden's two and a half weeks old, and I want to get started on another one really bad.

Don't worry, I'm not going to, I'm not that stupid. Jacob and I are going to be cinching the belt a little tighter as it is when we move in together, there's no way we could afford another kid.

But I wish there was. I want another baby Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 7th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
lol, I wanted another baby really bad right after Luke was born too. I tend to think that it might be the hormones.

I am starting to not want another one anymore. I would love to have some time that I can sleep through the night. Luke is not letting that happen now!

Dan and I aren't preventing it and people are starting to think that we are crazy. Dan justifies it by saying that I don't get pregnant easily. Personally, I think that he hates wearing condoms and he doesn't want me on the pill because it makes me pissy.

If you want to have another it is your right. I know that Becky did fine with 2 babies close together.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Yeah, but that's the thing, I wouldn't be fine. With just me, Jacob, and Jayden to provide for, we're doing okay. But adding another baby into the mix would strap us too badly, we'd never be able to afford it.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Then it is probably best to wait. Dan just got an uber awesome job so we will be able to provide for both. We really can only afford one more though. Dan will need to get some more raises before we have 3.
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
I remember feeling that way RIGHT after my second son was born, we actually tried but I was unable to get pregnant again for 5 years. I really do think its the hormones.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
It's definitely normal. Lots of the girls here have had that feeling right after giving birth. I think it's a hormonal thing, to be honest, and it might pass in the next few months as your body starts to return to normal.

At least you're smart enough to know your limits though! That's more than I can say for some people! (No one here, of course.)
|

Extremely eHealthy
Good. Hopefully it passes soon. I fell... empty. Like my heart hurts Sad It's notfun, because I know I can't do anything about it.
|

Most Diplomatic Poster
it must be hormones. i was so wrapped up in eadie (still am) that i couldn't imagine loving another baby as much (although i probably would). i also can't imagine going through that all again. i went through some rough times during my pregnancy and it took a lot out of me. maybe it's because i'm older or something. if i do have another one it will have to be soon cuz i'm not getting any younger, but i don't know if it's in the cards for us.

i hope you feel better soon. man, people underestimate the power of hormones and the havoc they can wreak on every aspect of your life. don't feel bad about it anyway, that will only make things worse. good luck.
|

replied January 8th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
I think we ALLLLL felt that after our first!!! It's totally normal!!!!

musikmaker wrote:

Dan and I aren't preventing it and people are starting to think that we are crazy. Dan justifies it by saying that I don't get pregnant easily.

Tell him that this isn't true!!! LOL!!

Me and Baron did the pull out method since Oni was 4 months old.

2 weeks before her 1st birthday, we *stopped* pulling out.

About a month later, I was pregnant.

I think you're DEF more fertile when it comes to a 2nd child!!! Don't be SHOCKED if you find yourself preggers SOOOON!! LOL!!

Sarah
|

Especially eHealthy
oh heck yes
after krissy was born i wanted another one LOL
travis was like "ARE YOU CRAZY!!!???!!!"

haha but im not even going there for another 3-5 yrs
|

Especially eHealthy
LOL!!!

I think in the beginning people want another because all the new baby does is lay there.

Once they get mobile and start sleeping through the night is when I wanted another one!! And that's usually when people start wanting again!!

As soon as your baba sleeps through the night, you think "hell, I could do this again!!! this is SIMPLE!!"

But once you get preggers, you realize, oh crap, we're gonna have to go back to square one! And PRAY that your oldest STAYS a good sleeper!! LOL!

Sarah
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
babymajic0506 wrote:
I think we ALLLLL felt that after our first!!! It's totally normal!!!!

musikmaker wrote:

Dan and I aren't preventing it and people are starting to think that we are crazy. Dan justifies it by saying that I don't get pregnant easily.

Tell him that this isn't true!!! LOL!!

Me and Baron did the pull out method since Oni was 4 months old.

2 weeks before her 1st birthday, we *stopped* pulling out.

About a month later, I was pregnant.

I think you're DEF more fertile when it comes to a 2nd child!!! Don't be SHOCKED if you find yourself preggers SOOOON!! LOL!!

Sarah

I think that I don't really want a second child anymore so I am probably going on the ring next month. I should be starting my period anytime now and if I am not pregnant then it is not going to happen for awhile.

I know my limits and I think that with Luke requiring so much attention with all of his special needs then I should wait to get pregnant. I would be so tired and grouchy all the time.

So don't worry, I am going back on bc. Dan will have to deal with my !**@!.
|

Especially eHealthy
HAHAHA...that's the LEAST he could do!! Especially since YOU'RE the one that's gonna get preggers!!!

Hell, I think the 1st months of pregnancy are about the same as being on b/c! Grouchy, sick, and just MEAN!! LOL!

Sarah
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
yes its normal, all down to hormones unfortunately
|