Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > First Trimester of Pregnancy Forum

left ovary pain (Page 1)

Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....
Hello all - I am 10 weeks tomorrow and over the past week or so I have noticed that if I am laying in bed with my legs stretched out and i cough I get an excruciating pain in my left ovary area. The same goes for when I am at work and sitting in my chair - - when I go to stand up the pain is so bad it will bed me over immediately - it only last for a half a second it's almost like a very painful pulling sensation -

Anyone else dealt with this?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Relm
|

User Profile
replied January 7th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
that's pretty much exactly what happened to me. Coughing, sneezing, standing up, sitting up. It's your ligaments stretching, getting ready to hold that soon to be watermelon size organ we call a uterus. As long as you have no bleeding, there should be nothing to worry about.
|

User Profile
replied January 8th, 2008
Experienced User
They're terrible aren't they! When I coughed, sneezed, even went to the bathroom. Although at first there disconcerting, there certainly nothing to worry about ; )

I have the best tip though!!! I'm taking pilates for pregnancy and the first thing she taught us was to pull up the muscles in you're pelvic floor - so like your kegel muscles and hold it while you sneeze etc ----> Works like a charm!
|
Users who thank Relm for this post: fancypoe 

User Profile
replied March 7th, 2008
It happens to me!
I think it's normal, it happens to me all the time!
|

User Profile
replied March 30th, 2008
Experienced User
Oh good I was starting to worry about this too. It was not really painful just uncomfortable. I've also been crampy here lately almost like I am fixing to start. I called my doctor, who said that as long as it is not excrutiating and there is no heavy bleeding then it should just me my uterus stretching. She said drinking plenty of water would help. My cramps do feel better since I have been drinking more water.

Happy 9 months
|

replied April 3rd, 2008
Right, i'm 23 weeks and I was getting the same pains, it's so scary!! It's just the muscles stretching, to make room for baby though!! Don't worry, be happy!!
|

User Profile
replied April 5th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
I get that when I stretch. like lean back or reach my arms in the air.
|

User Profile
replied May 4th, 2008
Experienced User
Oh this post was such a relief to read because i was having the same kind of pain after being home from work for a couple of days and laying in bed and when i'm coughing. Nice to know its normal
|

replied January 29th, 2009
hmm why one side ??
Ive been having the same kind of pain, but mine is when Im laying in bed and stretching, even if Im asleep the pain wakes me up, why is only one side having pain if its stretching tho? Im curious, is it normal for just one side or will the other side be in pain eventually? shouldnt both sides be stretching??
|

replied March 22nd, 2009
me too!!!
im currently 8 weeks,with my 1st baby after 5th ivf cycle,and was totally panicking with this awful pulling sensation in my lower right abdomen.It occurs usually in bed when changing position,or coughing and sneezing!...So happy and relieved that this is normal..thanx everyone for easing my mind!!!
|

replied April 1st, 2009
left ovary pain /low hcg
Hi,
I'm 5.5 weeks and feel a pinch in my left ovary. Glad to read this and find out other people have it too. Just found out saturday I'm pregnant and monday had blood test. Doc called today and said to see Ob/GYN because levels of hcg are lower than they would like. Any other 41 year olds out there who have experienced this? Of course I have my first apptmt with OB at end of april. Should I ask to be seen right away? I hate the system and always have to wait until the next business day to get answers.
|

replied July 1st, 2009
Abdominal Pain, Blood Levels and all the other good stuff
Hi All,
I'm 6.1 weeks, 37 years old with my first baby...and I have the same exact stretching on my right side. It's especially annoying right now as I sit at my desk (hence the reason I googled it!). I'm glad to hear it's normal - I figured it was ok since I've had 3 ultrasounds already and even seen the heartbeat...but I was just double-checking. My doc has been monitoring my blood levels since day 1 (found out I was pregnant at week 3). My Hcg is great - but my progesterone is not - so I'm on 400 mg twice daily suppositories and 200 mg prometrium before bed. I'll take whatever they want to give me to ensure baby stays fine...so Pregu - just take the doctors advice about raising your Hcg - and good luck!
|

replied July 15th, 2009
pregu: I'm 5w4d and my hcg level is low too. I have an u/s on 07/23 to see what is going on inside. Hopefully, it's not another CP. We're praying that it's not.

I also had some pinching on my lft ovary. I thought it might be a small cyst, or ovulation time. IDK.
|

replied December 20th, 2009
sounds bad... pregu!!
Pregu... i took a test which showed a very faint positive line and wen i went to the docs i had a blood test and an internal scan done because i am soo young they wer worried and wanted to make sure i was pregnant so over the next few days they tracked mt hcg levels and because they wer getin just a little lower i had lost the baby early on... sooo ask to b seen straiht away!!!!

goodluck :0
|

replied October 30th, 2010
<<<REALLY SCAREDD>>>
im 7 weeks pregnant and i just notice thise pain yesterday. i would like to know what s going on with my body please. im starting to get worried.
|

replied October 30th, 2010
im 7 weeks pregnant and i just notice thise pain yesterday. i would like to know what s going on with my body please. im starting to get worried.
|

replied December 6th, 2010
left ovary with pain
hi im 5weeks pregnant and having that same pain in my left side and had like a brown spotting is that normal but it's gone the brownish color. only the pain is there.. please help? thanks. i thought could be my ovary or a cyst but a cyst hurts more..
|

replied August 17th, 2011
This sounds like an ectopic pregnancy. I have had one before. I know your post is old but I am posting incase another women gets on here looking for some answers with the same questions. When I had my ectopic pregnancy I was bleeding and the doctor I was seeing brush it off as a sensitive cervix until the pain got so bad I could not walk. Come to find out I had almost died from internal bleeding bc my tube eventually burst. I hope this helps someone.
|

replied August 25th, 2011
doubt
Help! i dont know if im pregnant yet but i have a really disturbing pain on my left ovary. Also ive been dizzy with nausea and my smell is so sensative :S i am getting close to my menstrual date hopefully i am pregnant. Ill be going to the doctor to check it out. but could it be that i am pregnant having those symptoms.
|

replied August 25th, 2011
Also when im about to have my mentrual period its a really different feeling than what im going through right now.
|

replied October 8th, 2011
I dont know If I'm preg yet but i spotted the day bedore my period was suppost to start, it got a little bit heavier but still brown then next day just a drop, now nothing just discharge. I'm having this pain like ovulation pain was on eight side now both sides. Along with on and off nausea, and most all the other signs. Is that what it feels like to everyone else? I don't know I'd I'm preg or having a cyst on my ovarie.
|
12 >>