Medical Questions > Parenting > Infants Forum

hard lump on femur

Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....
User Profile
I am worried. My son has a really hard lump on his femur about the size of a nickle. It feel as hard as bone and doesn't move. I will be making an appt with his doctor tomorrow after my husband comes home and confirms the lump. Just to be sure I am not going completely crazy. I know my doctor will probably not take it serious but I am still going to demand some work up on it. It's not normal for a lump to be there at all. Nor is a lump that doesn't move and is hard as bone good. Anyone experience this? I doubt it but thought I would ask.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 18th, 2008
Community Volunteer
Any news on this? How is your son now?
|

replied November 30th, 2009
femur bump
i am worried my self.im 15.i too have a lump on my femur..my bump is not as hard as a bone but i feel pain when i touch it.im doctorphobic.so im scared to get a check up on it.i just noticed it yesterday in the middle of the night.i really dont know what to say.i just hope that everything goes well;
|

replied February 26th, 2010
Probably indicates that you have some type of hip inpingement. This would put pressure on the femur and push it outwards giving the impression of a lump even though it is merely the bone positioned differently to normal. An x-ray would be likely to be able to show the hip impingement. You would then need a hip arthroscopy to have the hip tidied up
|