Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > TMJ Forum

tmj consistent symptoms ?

I'm not sure if all these things I'm experiencing are really related or not, but maybe some of you with experience can tell me...

Started off with irritated eyes (red all the time).
Throat swollen (but no real difficulty swallowing, just breathing difficult a bit).
Severe sinus pressure causing constant headache for a few days, but I did not have any problems breathing. I didn't feel "stuffed" up.
Noticed a bit of pain when I pressed onto my jaw muscles.
5th day of sinus pressure, it was suddenly gone. However, my jaw pain suddenly become more pronounced.

My jaw felt stiff and I tried opening my mouth to flex it out, but I heard a small crack, and then felt slight pain. After that crack, now my jaw makes this funny squishy fluid sound when I move my jaw side to side. I can feel an achey pain when I clench my teeth or when I open my jaw wide or move it in a weird way.

Throat swelling came down a bit. Sinus pressure subsided almost completely, but comes back a little bit once in a while. Eyes are still red. The prominent symptom I have now is the jaw thing.

Anyone else have these types of symptoms?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 7th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Yes I have ----not sure if the throat was directly related but yes. you sound like you have muscular problems. I can find a good nmd for you. just let me know. put heat or ice on the jaw joint --it will help. if it hurts use some aleve or ibuprophen.
|

What is a "nmd"? Sorry... new to this kind of thing.

For your throat thing... did you also have a bit of hoarseness in your voice? Mild cough once in a while and a bit sore?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Sorry--I slide so easily into abbreviations----A neuromuscular dentist(nmd) I did have a bit of hoarseness. I notice that i have congestion a lot as well.
|

Thanks for the info! However, I live in Canada, so I'm not sure if you can suggest any nmd's (abbreviations are fun!) near my home.

I'm glad all my symptoms have manifested and started to point to a more tangible cause. Before the sore jaw thing happened, I was lost as to what is causing all these weird symptoms.

I'm going to see both my doctor and dentist soon and I'll be sure that they check for any tmj disorders as a (very) possible cause.

Thanks again!
|

User Profile
replied January 8th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Actually i can--Ive had good luck as far as australia:P
|

Okay sure.. let's give it a shot!
I'm going to see my regular dentist too.. see what he has to say as well.

What are your sources? Where do you look the doctors up from?
I live in Vancouver, BC Canada
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
it depends--I cant post here so ill pm you.
|