Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

White Discharge from Clitoris (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I am a 57 year old woman. latley I have had a white discharge coming from my clitoris. No odor, no pain, or inching.. Just had a pap everything fine.. any ideas on what this might be. it is not thick not a lot of it. but it's there almost every day..

Thank You
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper kidd1
|

User Profile
replied January 7th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
Are you sure it's coming from your clit and not your vagina??

It is normal to have white discharge from your vagina. Nothing should ever come from your clit, unless you have a sore or something. It is not an opening!
|

replied April 8th, 2014
it is an opening.
|

it is not my vagina. it is landing on my panties to far up.. maybe my uretha?

it is a little dab every day. and it isn't thick or smelly or hurt or anything.. but when I ware white panties it is a wet spot when I ware balck it is white. odd thing.. I have not been with any man so this has we really stumped.
Thank you for your reply.
|

replied May 31st, 2012
I am 35...same thing...however, the discharge I am seeing is clear and it has a smell of old stale urine. I can feel it oozing out shortly after bathing (showering). I first notice this after I finish my menstrual cycle. First, it start off a little red, swollen and itchy. i clean up and apply some monistat cream-external use only on it, it help. But, I stick have a small amount of wet discharge. It isn't coming from the vagina opening at all. It is a bit higher up than normal. It kind of weird to read some of these blogs and see a lot of women are experiencing similar symptoms. I had this happen before for but eventually it went away when I was treat for a UTI.

i wonder if it is from a hormone change in the body
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
It is probably just coming from your vagina. It may be high up in your underwear because it moves up from walking. The discharge could easily travel out from your vagina and up to your clit.

I would sit down and take a good look in the mirror. Check around your clit to see if you can find a place its coming from. Insert a finger into your vagina to see if you get the same discharge on your finger that you have been seeing in your underwear.

If it's from your vagina you have nothing to worry about. If there is a sore/blister/etc that you find on your clit, I would go to your gyno and talk to her about it.
|

replied May 11th, 2009
I ran across this post when I was looking for what the white odorless thick discharge from my clitoris is. And yes, it is from my clit, when I pull the hood back a little more discharge can be seen. Good luck, I hope we find out what this is. BTY, I am 57 also.
|

replied May 12th, 2009
Remember those high school gross-out jokes about smegma? They weren't just jokes. Smegma is a very real substance; to maintain good vaginal health, you need to keep it from accumulating. Glands on the inner surface of the clitoral hood secrete sebum, an oily substance that lubricates the clitoral glans. When this secretion builds up, it becomes smegma, a thick white discharge with a cottage-cheese appearance. If the smegma isn't washed away on a regular bases, it can accumulate and dry out, forming small hard kernels under the clitoral hood. The resulting irritation can be painful and may cause adhesions to form between the glans and hood. Preventing these adhesions is very simple: keep your vagina squeaky clean.
|

replied November 29th, 2009
I also have a discharge from my clit. Sometimes it it so bad it itches and keeps me awake at night and bubbles yes bubbles (cuz they pop)come out like the week before I start my period. I was thinking it might have something to do with my kidneys cuz they ache sometimes when it gets really bad. If anyone knows what's up please answer.
|

replied September 29th, 2011
Wow, I have never heard of anyone else with the popping! did you ever figure this out?
|

replied January 9th, 2013
bubbles
I have a five year old daughter who keeps digging/ messing with her bottom area. When i ask her what's wrong she tells me " it's bubbles". I took her to doc they gave topical cream and antibiotic for uti...she has been on meds for couple days and I'm not noticing any change except for the redness down there has cleared up a bit. She still is saying there is bubbles! I don't know what to do! Or what "bubbles " mean. After reading the previous i sure hope this isn't the same thing!
|

replied January 12th, 2010
Clitoral Discharge?
I have the same thing ladies and, BTW, I'm 56 too. And it has nothing to do with keeping your vagina squeaky clean. I can take a bath, shower, whatever and in two to four hours I have that whitesh yellowish dishcharge way up in the front of my panties again. Within four to six hours it�s so dried and a crusty stiff mass in my pubic hair that if it�s sticking to my panties too it will actually pull the pubic hairs out by the root! OUCH! And it has an odor, (sometimes it smells vaguely like old or concentrated urine) but it's not the same strong "fishy" smell from a vaginal yeast infection either. And I have no pain during intercourse or urination which you�d have with a yeast infection. And it's not from the vagina cuz my gyno took samples of both urine and vaginal tissue during a Pap Smear and checked it in under the microscope and there was hardly any bacteria in the vagina but tons in the urine sample. She found this bacteria two months ago and gave me a shot of antibiotics. It took a couple of days for the antibiotics to work but I was discharge, (and nausea) free for less than a week and it starting coming back. I just went to her again and again she found tons of bacteria in my urine sample and gave me another shot of antibiotics.

This has been going on for over four years now and the only thing that I can think of that coincides with the time line is that I started taking Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy, (BHRT). But in the last year or so it has been getting progressively worse and I�ve developed a pain up under my left rib cage and a �protrusion� right below that. I�ve been told several times too that my Spleen is enlarged but the test don�t support that conclusion. I�ve had a CAT scan, X-Rays, two Ultrasounds and an Endoscopy and they can�t find anything. The pain was so bad in March of 2009 that I went to the ER and had my first Ultrasound. I was so frustrated because about a year ago I also developed nausea and they still couldn�t find what was causing it. So I went and got all my records and started researching myself. The only difference between the Ultrasound done in March of last year and the one done about two months ago was that both kidneys were measuring 10 in the first one. But in the second the right kidney measured 10.8 and the left, which is the side the pain is in, measured an 11.4. I wasn�t having any of the �classic� urinary tract, (UT) infection symptoms so my doctor tried to explain organ measurements were up for interpretation by the doctor that reads them and didn�t think it accounted for much. But I insisted and had my doctor check a urine sample while I was there for a Pap Smear. That�s the first time she found, according to her, LOTS of bacteria in my urine. After all this and I still don�t have a clue where it�s coming from. If anyone else has any information, please let us know. Thanx!
|

replied June 18th, 2011
I am 46 and have had the same itchy clit with a little bit of discharge. I have had this for about 5 months. Have gone to my doctor 3 times each time she says its a yeast infection and to treat it with canesten....its not helping. I'm wondering if it is hormonal.
|

replied November 25th, 2011
Hi i have just read this and i have just come out of hospital after having an infection in my stomach which they cleared out. I have now got a thick white discharge not smelly coming from my clitorus. I have suffered form pains under my left rib cage for the past 10 months, 2 ct scans and a beriam meal later all clear they still dont know what it is. i am on 2 different antibiotics for the past wk and now this dicharge has begun. I had swobes down and now waiting for the results.
|

replied November 30th, 2012
Me too!
I've had this problem - clitoral discharge and pain under my left rib - for as long as I can remember, and I'm only 18! Have been to GP and GUM clinics several times but they always fell me nothing's wrong. So glad to hear I'm not the only one suffering, I wonder what the problem actually is though...
|

replied March 3rd, 2010
White clitoral discharge, Strep B, and possible Cellulitis
Hi there-
I've had my current situation going on about 5 months now...It started last October when I got strep throat and was taking and antibiotic for it...After I finished the meds I discovered, to no surprise, that I had a yeast infection. I also developed a raw, itchy, warm feeling spot in between my inner and outer labia that seemed to be spreading, so naturally I was concerned. So I made an appointment with the women's clinic (as i have no insurance) and had a pap done. I was told that I had a yeast infection (duh) and that my Pap was fine. Well, I took the diflucan and still had the symptoms of a yeast infection, so I took another round of diflucan-still no success! Next, I tried a homeopathic over the counter suppository with a topical cream for my raw spot. Yeast goes away, but raw spot has spread a little and the right side of my clitoris swells a bit. Also, I forgot to mention that during all of this time I was having a orangish/brownish discharge (small amount) about 1x per week. So I made another appointment with the clinic and they took a swab and sent it to the lab...the doctor also tells me that my raw spot is up my vaginal wall a bit-now it is on the right, left, and a little inside. She tells me there is no yeast and she's not sure what it is and we have to wait for the results of the tests. Tests come back with Step B (different than strep throat) and let's try keflex. So I take 500mg of the Keflex 2x per day for 7 days...Result, clears uo everything (or so it seems)...I was having occasional little itches where my spots were and thought it was in my head 'cuz I'd had the problem for so long. Turns out that I got that same orange discharge (very small amount) again and knew the infection was still there. So now I'm on 500mg of Keflex 3x per day for 14 days. I'm hoping this will clear up the problem for good. During this whole stint I've also been experiencing the white discharge around my clitoris. I pull it back and see little bits of it under the hood. I am super clean and don't feel that hygiene is the reason for this...I feel that it's either that I've developed another yeast infection, or it's from the Strep B. Also, in regard to my raw and itchy spot, I found what is called cellulitis and is associated with strep B...This is also treated with the antibiotic I am on and I hope that it all clears up. With my research, Cellulitis can be pretty serious so get it checked if you think you may have it. If it doesn't clear up with this round of antibiotics I'm gonna freak out a bit. Thanks for listening to my rant and I hope that your issues get resolved. By the way, I'm 29.
|

replied March 28th, 2012
I have had white discharge coming from my clit,and my vaginal wall. At first sight I thought it was particles of the toilet paper I was using,but it's not. I also found it under my hood. When I started pulling back on the area, more came out(similiar to small white head), a very skinny thick white short stream came out. I'm 43, just got over a staph inf, just started menopause, and I very recently went to my gyni. Every thing came back normal. I forgot to mention that (unfortunately) I'm not sexually active either. I did have a bad kidney infection, with a lot of billirubin and bacteria in my urine. This whole time I blamed the antibiotics, but obviously it's not.FYI, at first it itched a little, it doesn't seem to have an odor, and it's defiantly white. Does anyone know what the heck it is?
|

replied March 20th, 2010
Had similar problems in the past and was eventually diagnosed with Diabetes (at age 20). The discharge was unrelated to hygiene...actually disappeared once on insulin. If you haven't done so recently, definitely have your blood glucose levels checked out. Just as a precaution -
|

replied March 22nd, 2010
Wow passerby. Diabetes. Thank you for that post. I am 22 years old and lately I have been dizzy and feeling like my blood sugar/pressure is on a rollercoaster. Then I noticed the discharge about a week ago. I got on this forum to find out about the discharge because it was somewhat itchy and annoying at times. I will definitely be getting my glucose levels checked now. Odd that they could be connected, but it is always worth a shot to have it checked out since I have excessive thirst mixed with dizziness. I will let you guys know when I find out more of what is going on with my body. Thank you so much for your informational posts.
|

replied April 15th, 2010
Causes of Clitoral Discharge
All women will have some normal Clitoral discharge. Clitoral discharge will be clear, cloudy white, and/or yellowish. The amount and consistency will vary according to the menstrual cycle. Before ovulation, the vaginal discharge is more watery and elastic. At the beginning and end of the menstrual cycle, the vaginal discharge is more thick and white. When not menstruating, the normal vaginal discharge is white or transparent, thick to thin and odorless. Breastfeeding and increased sexual excitement can increase the amount of vaginal discharge.

The clitoral stimulation is caused by glands in the vagina and cervix that produce small amounts of fluid which eliminate old cells and help keep the vagina clean and healthy. When the normal ph level of the vagina is disrupted, abnormal clitoral discharge can occur. Things that can cause abnormal vaginal discharge include use of antibiotics, use of birth control pills, douching, perfumed soaps or body washes, diabetes, pregnancy, stress, and tight or synthetic undergarments. To help treat clitoral discharge that may be a problem it is recommended to keep the genital area clean and dry, avoid douching, eat yogurt with live cultures, use a condom during sex, and try to reduce stress levels.

Any change in the amount, consistency, or odor of the vaginal discharge should be reported to you physician. A common vaginal infection, vaginitis, will cause abnormal vaginal discharge. Yeast infections can cause a white, cottage cheese-like discharge. Bacterial vaginosis will produce a white, gray or yellowish vaginal discharge. Trichomoniasis will produce a watery, yellowish or greenish frothy discharge. Infections that cause abnormal clitoral discharge respond well to treatment with antibiotics. In some cases, your sexual partner may be treated as well.
|

replied July 26th, 2012
Thank You this was very helpful.
|

replied March 22nd, 2014
Thank you. Same thing here, just had a series of tests, had BV, then yeast Infection. After a couple of visits and tests we concluded it was the my ph being off. She recommended a mild soap cephacil (sp?) I was using coast or other. harsH soap, am also 57 and on testosterone pellets, bio identicals. Have had many of the same symptoms, discharge from clit, NOT stemming from vagina as some have suggested. Dr has been great but was perplexed as well that no discharge was found from my vag.

Clitorus is a bit irritated, the discharge very high up on my panties, almost in front, impossible to reminate from anywhere else.
Internist also mentioned diabetes. It is hormonal (insulin) is also a hormone and more than likely effects functions. I am going to start the new soap today and have gone on the candida diet where you cut out ALL sugar for a period of time. Sugar feeds yeast. Good luck and thanks. M
|

replied April 30th, 2010
I have the same thing. Its a white discharge coming from my clitoral. I have been on multiple antibiotics. Had heaps of tests. Pap smears, ultrasounds. You name it. while on antibiotics it goes for a little while (maybe a week) and then is back. It hurts when it discharges, not when I pee, when I am not. I have recently been told I have ureaplasma (rare but not uncommon, whatever that means) but I think they are two different conditions now because no samples have been taken from my clitoral. I am very clean so I dont think it would be that. I find it worse when I dont drink lots of water (but that is weird). I hope we can all find answers.
|

replied July 10th, 2010
im 16 and i been having this issue for about 3 months, i get the cottagae cheese every once in awhile and it kinda hurts.theres weird discharge coming from my clit kind of yellowish brown. if any of you have anything similar please reply back...
|

replied July 25th, 2010
I have just noticed some of what i think is discharge, around my clitoris. It doesnt hurt but will not go away even when i clean it or with water. Can someone please help me??!!
|

replied August 10th, 2010
Confused Vaginal Irritation
For 10 consecutive months I've been having this itchy feeling in my vagina. I've been having UTI before and so when this happened in October last year I just took some antibiotics for few days. It actually won't irritate when I'm having a period but before and after that it really itch like hell. I noticed that I have more discharges than before having this 10 months ago. Lately, it's kinda sticky paste. I can feel it oozing down when it discharges. There was this month when it smells like fruity but it was just at that month. Sometimes it smells differently - foul! What's so uneasy is the itch it gives my outer and inner labia when discharges were excreted. I keep my vagina shaved since it irritates more especially in the pubic hair root. I have been diagnosed few months ago with UTI, Peptic Ulcer and having Kidney crystals on my left. My father is diabetic, could It also be it? That I'm having diabetes. Im so confused.
|

replied August 10th, 2010
Confused Vaginal Irritation
For 10 consecutive months I've been having this itchy feeling in my vagina. I've been having UTI before and so when this happened in October last year I just took some antibiotics for few days. It actually won't irritate when I'm having a period but before and after that it really itch like hell. I noticed that I have more discharges than before having this 10 months ago. Lately, it's kinda sticky paste. I can feel it oozing down when it discharges. There was this month when it smells like fruity but it was just at that month. Sometimes it smells differently - foul! What's so uneasy is the itch it gives my outer and inner labia when discharges were excreted. I keep my vagina shaved since it irritates more especially in the pubic hair root. I have been diagnosed few months ago with UTI, Peptic Ulcer and having Kidney crystals on my left. My father is diabetic, could It also be it? That I'm having diabetes. Im so confused.
|

replied October 24th, 2010
White Discharge From Clitorus
Hello,
I Also Have The Same Problem, Its A Little Tender ATM, I Suspect I Am Diabetic And I Also Get Pains Sometimes In My Sides And On The Odd Occasion My Stomach, Do You Get Your Antibiotics Via Your Doctor? Or Can You Buy Them?
|

replied October 25th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
Needahelp, Diabetes is a very serious condition. You need to be tested and treated if indeed you are diabetic. This is very important.

Diabetic woman often suffer a lot more from yeast infections. Yeast infections are treated with over the counter creams, not antibiotics. But if you have diabetes, you have to take extra precautions.

Antibiotics are by prescription only. Antibiotics work for bacterial infections. Bacterial infections have a most foul smell.

What color, texture and smell does your discharge have?

Take care!
|

replied October 27th, 2010
Reply To Susan
Thank You Susan, I Will Get Myself Tested ASAP. The Texture, Is A Little Thick, The Color Is White And The Smell Isn't Very Pleasant But Isnt Strong Either.

Take Care
|

replied January 21st, 2012
I have the same thing but my ovaries hurt so bad the pain went down my legs and I could not walk.
Any suggestions?
thank you val
|
Quick Reply