Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > High Blood Pressure and Hypertension Forum

high blood pressure causing warm face when mad ?

Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....
When I get pissed off over something, it feels like I need to do something ridiculous, and outragious, or adventures to stop the anger, but as I'm so pissed off, I feel a warm feeling in my face, and it gets hotter as I get more mad, and when I get mad, I feel like running super fast, and breaking stuff.

Is this normal? And could I be having high blood pressure from the anger? I'm talking diabolic anger, sometimes I think up some very Phsycotic thoughts that have to do with War and harming people, if its a person that made me mad, but I never have done anything to anybody, I just walk away, and eventully end up running, till I run out of breath, and I feel better. But when I was a kid I couldn't control my anger, because of some horrible issues at home, with my father, so the only thing I was able to find to help me back then was causing pain to myself to stop the anger, I felt better smashing my head through stuff, but I don't have any brain damage, luckly. But I no longer do that to myself, I can control it pretty well for someone who never went to counseling for it.

Any suggestions? Should I get into a sport like boxing to release my anger? I love to box, I have gloves, but I wanna get the proper gear, and get in a ring, if I'm gonna do it at all.

Should I go into the Marines or something, so I can use my anger toward something my country wants me to do? Or what? When I get anger I have this feeling that I need to destroy something, or it won't go away, it does, but I dunno if I should give in to that feeling or not? Sometimes when I get mad enough, and I don't get up and run away or walk away, then I start to day dream some wicked stuff, but I don't move, I just stay where I'm at, and no body can get my attention very easy while I day dream.

Do I need to see a professional? What do you guys think?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 18th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Hi!
There are some clinical studies that have improved the long time known hypothesis that anger is important in the development of hypertension.
The study results have shown that extreme expression of anger in either direction (Anger-out and Anger-in scales) has adverse cardiovascular consequences (subsequent hypertension).

What are your blood pressure readings like?
|

replied January 18th, 2008
Re: Hi!
MandMs wrote:
There are some clinical studies that have improved the long time known hypothesis that anger is important in the development of hypertension.
The study results have shown that extreme expression of anger in either direction (Anger-out and Anger-in scales) has adverse cardiovascular consequences (subsequent hypertension).

What are your blood pressure readings like?

I have no idea.... honestly. All I know is it feels like I have high blood pressure when I get mad enough. My face feels really hot, maybe kind of flushed. No body else thinks that I have high blood pressure, but I think I do. I can't see a doctor to be sure, till after I get my medical insurance, which is today. So soon I'll see a doctor. But I just wanted to get an educated guess from somebody on here first, before I go in to see a doctor, so I get an idea of what I wanna say to the doctor about it.

Any other info you might need from me?
|

User Profile
replied February 13th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
How was the doctor's visit?
Do you have daily headaches, especially in mornings when you are anger free?
Have you noticed some ear ringing or blurred vision?
Do you feel lack of energy and attacks of dizziness?
|