Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

bipolar hearing things

Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...
User Profile
hi. i'm new here. i've been dealing with mental illness since childhood. diagnoses from ADD and thinking disorder to psychosis, schizoaffective, borderline, and bipolar disorder. i think finally my doctors have settled on bipolar 1. i've been a roller coaster lately. up and down. i think about cutting sometimes, but am fine the next day. glad i made it. tonight i can't sleep. i walked outside to feed my cat and heard total silence (it was after midnight)... total silence except the helicopters. am i paranoid? i didn't think so. i heard them everywhere, but mostly to the south and east. i heard maybe eight or more in just a few minutes. i wondered if something was going on somewhere. maybe they were the media. maybe they were military. what are they doing up there after midnight? i felt they were close to the house. what is going on? i saw nothing, though. no lights. i heard a plane, too, in the distance, but saw nothing but stars. what's funny is i'll probably be fine tomorrow and just discount it to exhaustion. i've been told to never say i'm crazy. that's okay. my doctor did it for me one time.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 9th, 2008
Supporter
i hear and see things sometimes... most of it i'm sure is not real. i'm usually around my husband or friends that can tell me what is going on. for me, it was and still is paranoia.

were you ever in the military? or around a war zone?
|

User Profile
replied January 9th, 2008
Experienced User
we live near a military base. my husband said after midnight would be a good time for them to be practicing their maneuvers without their lights; a reasonable explanation. i just couldn't sleep and was exhausted; maybe some paranoia. what's strange is that i found out the next day that my cousin was admitted to the hospital during the night for overdosing on methadone and some other stuff. he's in critical condition still.

never in the military, though... or around a war zone. i just also have some psychotic episodes sometimes. it can be hard to figure out, though, if it's real or not.

thanks for your reply. Smile
|

User Profile
replied January 11th, 2008
Experienced User
WELCOME TO THE BOARD! We're in the Southeast USA too. My husband is bipolar & he occasionally hears voices. Most of the time, it will be a short sentence e.g. "You are wrong," or "Listen to her." Very short & generally commands. Most of the time, he can equate the voice to someone he was thinking about earlier in the day.
|

replied February 4th, 2010
bi polar/hearing things
My daughter is borderline bi polar and ADHD. She is 18 now. She once introduced me to her vampire that lived in her closet. Soon after that she saw a black hand chase her during school. That was when she was diagnosed bi polar. I thought schizophrenia!!
Her dose was raised two years ago because she wanted to see what would happen if she opened the car door while her sister was driving home.
Now she has a little girl that keeps her up named Daniella, who says, " Let me out!"
|

User Profile
replied November 24th, 2010
im very new to this i have ms for 6 years now i been hearing thing thats not there seeing fases change when we are talking to eachother twice now in the past 2 week iv seen bugs cralling all over me and thay say theres nothing there i dont know how to tell any one like my dr. i dont want to be put away im scared i feel im going crazy the only thing that as been working for me is this stuff called... damn i cant remember but you smoke it and its some kinda plant it feels good when i smoke it but the thig that are not really there go away
the pain gos from like an 8 to a 3 i wish i got the name of that plant if any one knows what plant it was and knows how i can get somemore my friend gave me a lot he said is would help me a lot and wow im about to run out and my friend is gone i dont want to see things any more its so scary seeing bugs crawlling all over you and feeling them seeing them and being told there nothing really there. omg i got to go
|

replied February 27th, 2012
what you are smoking seems to me like marijuana and it is also illegal. and you are not crazy well me i have been bi polar for along time and i also feel stuff crawling on me like bugs and what not i have soars on my feet from me scraching my feet until they bleed and at night i can not go to sleep because i see things crawling on me but anyways do what u do and if smoking illegal drugs helps u cope then just don't get caught
|

replied February 28th, 2012
Experienced User
That is actually part of bipolar 1, and i have it also. I hear things to at night, and swear and it's coming from both sides, and can hear it from both ears. I'm medication, but am getting on better meds to help me. Alot of it's from paranoia, which is extreme for me at times. I do try to distract myself, or tune into sounds like from the TV, radio, etc to help me fall asleep. I also pray every night, and it helps, too.
|