Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Muscular and Nerve Disorders Forum

constant muscle twitching

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
Hi. My name is Dylan. I am 14 years old, and i'm going through a very annoying struggle, I guess I could say. Whenever I sit down, or lay down, my muscles twitch. It's not like, until they wear out either, they JUST KEEP TWITCHING! I can't do anything! I am getting less and less sleep, and it's even hard to sit still. In fact, it's happening RIGHT now. It's happens a lot in my arms and my back, and often differs in severity, but it is ALWAYS preventing me from sleep and rest.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 16th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
Your body might be lacking in minerals. Try some magnesium in combination with calcium. This is like food for your muscles. You can buy some a natural food store. Often, 20-30 minutes after taking a mag-cal mix, you can get great results.
|

replied January 16th, 2008
Experienced User
yogahoneybunny is right.

i had my thyroid taken out so i have to take magnesium and calcium everyday and if it goes low my muscles twitch. i would recommend getting some blood drawn
|