Medical Questions > Parenting > Teens Forum

13 And Having Sex !!! (Page 1)

User Profile
Okay guys I know I'm not a parent but My sister told me that she had sex the other night when she came over untill mom got home to pick her up from my house...she is only 13. I freaked out after she left ....I didnt know weather or not to tell my mother. This is a new place THEY JUST moved to. Im so angry at her, she has only known this kid for 1 month and he is 2 yrs older then her. Should I tell my mom or keep it between her and I? Mad

Megan
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile preggie meggie
|

replied January 6th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
tell your mother if you want to help her
she could have an std of somethng and she needs to get pap tests done now
if you let it go then something can happen in the long run and you might feel bad
|

Extremely eHealthy
Tell your mother. She needs to know exactly what is going on with her child, because she is a CHILD and she is putting herself at risk for diseases and pregnancy..
|

User Profile
Experienced User
You should tell your mother. But telling your mother isn't going to stop her from having sex.
|

User Profile
Supporter
the_girlfriend wrote:
tell your mother if you want to help her
she could have an std of somethng and she needs to get pap tests done now
if you let it go then something can happen in the long run and you might feel bad

These are thing I brought up to her and she's like this is why I dont tell you things...I felt bad. BUT I love her and dont want to see her get hurt. I'm calling my mom now or should I tell her in person....what should I say to her? AHHHHHHHHH Shocked
|

User Profile
Supporter
iridescent_opal wrote:
Tell your mother. She needs to know exactly what is going on with her child, because she is a CHILD and she is putting herself at risk for diseases and pregnancy..

I know she is a CHILD that is why Im am so worried!
|

User Profile
Experienced User
I know what you're feeling and trust me, your going to feel bad but you'll be helping her out soooo much. You could be preventing her from being really hurt.

I think tell your mom in person, and don't panic because you'll cause her to panic. Tell her you need to talk to her about something important and say that you are concerned about your sister. She's not going to be very happy, but you need to be her strong spot for a few minutes until she comes to.

Good luck!
|

Especially eHealthy
id tell your mom in person Very Happy and maybe sit her down by herself and then you and your mom can go talk to your sis?
|

Extremely eHealthy
I would tell your mother asap before your sister has a chance to leave her and go off and do something else that is equally stupid.
|

Especially eHealthy
hey megan i pmed you Very Happy
|

User Profile
replied January 8th, 2008
Supporter
the_girlfriend wrote:
hey megan i pmed you Very Happy

Thank you!
|

User Profile
Supporter
Okay guys I told my mom, she wasnt Mad just upset. She talked to Melissa and told her she isnt alowd over their any more. But her b.f Jared can come over when both her and dad are home. So i feel a lot better now! Thanks guys!!

Oh and Yes her b/f and my husband have the same name just spelled diff.

Mine= Jarad Hers= Jared Lol. I found that funny!
|

User Profile
Experienced User
I'm glad it went well : D

Did you guys talk about getting her on bc tho? Probably still a good idea! Those tricky teen : )
|

User Profile
Supporter
Yes, moms taking her.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Wahoooo! Thank goodness she has a sister like you : )
|

User Profile
replied January 9th, 2008
Supporter
Relm wrote:
Wahoooo! Thank goodness she has a sister like you : )

Thanks...Lol. I hope that with me telling mom and all that she dosn't decide not to tell me things. I dont normally tell on her but this is somthing that mom needed to know. Like Melissa smokes, I dont tell mom because I hope that by seeing what it did to our Grandma that just died two days ago she will quite. I smoke and I know its bad so I think mabey if I quite she will too. Pluse they just passed a bunch of new laws here in Illinois about smoking so really ya just have to quite. O-well right...Lol
|

replied March 17th, 2008
Ok this is if you wheter or not....
I think first you should try convincing your Sister about how sex is and when to do it and why. It depends on how old you are. I mean if my sister would've been doing sex i would take her for a check in the doctor but before that i would try to convince her why she shouldn't do it with a guy she just met. After taking her to the doctor she will probably be convinved a little because i would let the doctor help me out by telling my sister about different diseases she might get by doing that same thing like that and because he is professional she would probably would understand more i mean for a girl age of 13, she has to be a little mature to understands, special when she has her sister worrying about her. I wouldn't tell my mom because i wouldn't like she doing the same thing to me, and because im her big brother i should take care of her more. So if my life matches with yours, i think you should just think about it before telling your mom, I think you should just try to convince her, because she won't stop making sex, she probably would if somebody almost her age would tell her about it.
|

replied March 17th, 2008
One more thing....
Oh and Megan you are a good SISTER =) just think about it, take you time, but not much =) i know you will do the right thing if you should or shouldn't your still helping your sister, Take care of her alot because litle girls these days are being with guys who they don't even know really. Show her what you know, show her what she suppose to know to survive in this world. Don't worry about about it, she will understand, just that don't make her understand once the damage has been done, try to show her now that she's ok.

Hope my Advice helps you. Continue being a great SISTER. You do a great job at it =)
|

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2008
Supporter
Over all it is up to you. She told you because she trust you not to though. I started having sex at 13 too. I told my mom at that age too, but when I myself way ready. She may just be calling out for help. Moving is stressful at any age. Talk to her about it. Let her know she needs to uses condoms. Have safe sex.
|

User Profile
replied February 11th, 2009
well my little sister is 15 years old & she just gave her boyfriend a hand job..who is 18, i thought that was big haha..if i EVER found out she was having sex with him, i'd kill him..

..but talk to yer sister about it first, tell her how you feel. then tell yer mother..
|
12 >>
Quick Reply