Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

18 weeks and no bump

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hi, I haven't posted in awhile but I have a question.

I'm 18 weeks and not showing at all. I'm still as flat as ever with only a little pooch. I was 115 pre-preg and still haven't gained anything. Is this normal? When did you first start noticing a bump?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 6th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
Re: Really Tiny
nadia19 wrote:
Hi, I haven't posted in awhile but I have a question.

I'm 18 weeks and not showing at all. I'm still as flat as ever with only a little pooch. I was 115 pre-preg and still haven't gained anything. Is this normal? When did you first start noticing a bump?

Hi I'm almost 1 week over due now but I started out at 105 in weight at the begining of my pregnancy. I stayed that weight for several months and you couldnt tell I was prego until 7 months (6 months if you knew me). Its completely normal, your prolly just thin, fit and tall like I am. Keep taking your prenatal vitamins and eat reguarly, you should be fine. I weigh 147 now, I weighed a bit more a few weeks ago but I dropped a few pounds, which is no cause for concern. I have a long torso too so I had a ton of room for baby to fit inside, but because of that I always appeared to be smaller then I really was. See most girls are fairly short so they look so huge because their babies ball out all in the middle of their tummies. My baby has my long torso to stretch out in, making me appear much smaller. I started tiny looking but now I'm good size. Smile So no worries, you will gain the weight your body needs and start showing, you might be a lil late like me but its ok you will pop out, I promiss. Smile This is also my first child so my muscles arent stretched out yet.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
lol, I was like that too! I was 17 weeks and completely flat : ) I was getting nervous and then over the next couple days it just popped right out! I felt like one day I was wearing my favorite jeans and went to sleep flat and the next day I woke up with a melon for a tummy and had to fasten my pants with an elastic!

It's different for everyone so don't worry about it : )
|

Especially eHealthy
My best friend was the SAME way!! Even at her delivery, she barely looked pregnant.

her first son was 6.13, and her 2nd was 5.15. She had them at 38 weeks.

She was SUUUPER tall, and Super thin, so you couldn't see a bump until she was about to pop!! And even then she was tiny!!

Don't worry! Count yourself as lucky!! LOL!

Sarah
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
when i was pregnant with william, i didn't start showing until probably 25 weeks
|

Experienced User
my daughter-in-law gained 12 lbs. but never showed at all during the whole time. she wore the same size jeans the whole way through. i think alot of it is your body structure.
|

Especially eHealthy
i gained 22 lbs i was 100 ponds prepreg and lots it all about 5.5 seconds after giving birth
i didnt get a bump really til after 20 weeks and even then it was tiny

i stayed in size 0 and 1 jeans the whole time until the end Smile
|

Extremely eHealthy
I was flat until about 26 weeks then all of a sudden BOOM big belly lol...
|

Especially eHealthy
I'm still in my pre pregnancy jeans. So a lot of it has to do with how much you gain as well!!

If you gain 60lbs, it doesn't guarantee a big baby!! LOL!! (wish I would have known that the *1st* time around!!)

Sarah
|

replied September 24th, 2009
im glad to read all those comments lol cause im 18 weeks nearly 19 weeks and i do have a very little bump it pokes out a bit but ive seen other girls at all my appointments much bigger than me i was reali worried so im so much happier after hearin them cheered me right up lol thank u's x x
|

replied December 19th, 2009
This is a huge relief to hear that other people are not showing yet. I just have bloat by the end of the day and have a flat tummy by the morning.

It's a big disconnect to know somethings growing in there but not see anything yet.
|

replied April 19th, 2010
18 weeks and not showing
i was really big with my son and daughter 3rd time round i am 18 weeks and got nothing it really worrys me but midwives and doctor says its fine nothing to worry about!
|