Medical Questions > Mental Health > Self Injury Forum

cutting on thigh

Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....
User Profile
so since like a month ive been cutting myself with knives on my upper leg

like i dont feel better when i do it, it doesnt help me cope with my emotions or problems, and im not the kinda perosn who likes cutting just cus they like cuttting, i just do it cus i hate myself and if im not alowed to kill myslef i do the next best thing

but anyways, i started cutting my upper leg cus i thought that was the most discreet place, but just now i thought about how i just got a girl, and what happens when she takes off my pants and sees all those bloody cuts and scars...

like i guess i screwed myself over, cus if she sees those cuts shes probly gonna up and leave and never want to talk to me again... so yah, damn im screwed...damn
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 6th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
she might not necessarily leave you. She might actually want to help you stop and support you while trying to stop. I'm speaking for my experience here but i have an ex/best friend that used to cut himself and he some how managed to hid it from me for months, but when I did find out I asked him to stop. He said he couldn't but I told him I'd help him through it all and support him all the way because I used to cut, myself. I know how hard it is to quit and you can't do it all at once or without support... I would also check him every day to make sure he hadn't cut after I found out. If there was a fresh cut and depending on how many of them there were, he'd get a different type of "punishment" that meant as me being mad/not talking to him/ kicking his @SS as i am a pretty tough girl... If you ever need to talk just PM me any time. I'm Ashley by the way Smile
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply