Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Paraphilia and women (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
i'm a girl,15 and i have weird fetishes and most likely a paraphilia!
i just wondered,am i the only female that has these problems,or can many women have them as well?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 5th, 2008
Experienced User
waht is ur problem?
|

User Profile
replied January 5th, 2008
Experienced User
Not sure where to begin Laughing
at first,i thought i had teratophilia,but it doesn't quite fit.It's more of a liking for hideous features e.g. axe murder look and devil features,on more frightening side etc...
Trust me,it would all do your head in if i tried to explain it all.
|

User Profile
replied January 6th, 2008
Supporter
anyone can have any kind of fetish, as long as it does not harm anyone else there is no reason to be worried about it.
|

replied January 7th, 2008
Experienced User
for those who may not know what teratophilia and paraphilia are:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teratophilia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraphilia

As long as you are not harming a non-consensual person then whatever arouses you arouses you.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
thanks.I am harmless with mine.
I discovered it's not Teratophilia,it's just an interest that's a bit different,nothing big.
I'll put a pic in my avatar and maybe someone can tell me if the interest is abnormal or not.
|

User Profile
Supporter
all this talk of 'normal' and 'abnormal', it's ok, let it go! me personally i think it is unusual, but unusual does not mean bad. whatever floats your boat! anyone who doesnt share your desires is more likely to have a sense of humour about it than to think you are strange. try to be lighthearted about it! it is something that makes you unique and individual.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
i've spoken to some people who are exactly the same as me,about several of them,so i don't feel as unusual now Mr. Green i'm not the only one,so that's a relief.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
And you're so young, your sexuality will change and grow. At least you understand what you like!

And of course women get fetishes!
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Is my interest a fetish? I just keep wondering if it's a paraphilia/fetish or whatever.
|

User Profile
replied January 8th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
It could be, yes. But fetishes are kind've on a range- most people have a fetish to some extent, and some people have them more strongly.

It's common to have some kind of fetish. For some girls, it's cowboys. For you, it's different. That's all.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
But it's not Teratophilia,right? as long it's not that...
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
You're the only one who can decide if it's a particular fetish or not. But really, you like what you like, who cares what it's called!
|

catonia wrote:
Not sure where to begin Laughing
at first,i thought i had teratophilia,but it doesn't quite fit.It's more of a liking for hideous features e.g. axe homicide look and devil features,on more frightening side etc...
Trust me,it would all do your head in if i tried to explain it all.

Ok Im not clear do you need it to get off sexually or it is just an interest not to do with sex?
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Sexual,and i want to get rid of it.How can i stop these "unusual" desires???

I want to be like other girls my age Crying or Very sad
|

User Profile
replied January 10th, 2008
Experienced User
I did some research and it said that Paraphilia is actually quite common! The only Paraphiliacs which are considered abnormal are those where the individual acts upon their urges (e.g. pedophiles and rapists etc...)e.g those who are a threat to society or those who fantasize about the Prepubescent(even if the individual isn't a threat,it's still uncommon).

The info i gathered looks like i have the harmless and more common side to unusual fetishes/Paraphilia. Smile
I seem to be getting better as well over the past 2 days surgery Mr. Green
|

User Profile
Supporter
you're still. very young to be getting so worried over it. me personally my fetishes have not changed from my childhood... for as long as i can remember. but many people find that what turns them on when they are younger they may grow out of, or it may grow into different interests. if it is what you like and it is harming noone then just enjoy it while you can and stop worrying!
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Good idea.i found a helpful website anyway that put my mind to rest Mr. Green
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Good!
|

User Profile
replied January 27th, 2008
Experienced User
I'm a bit confused.Yesterday,my dad brought it up and he said it's not a paraphilia,yet i once heard from someone else it is :s
How can i tell whether it's a paraphilia or not???
|
12 >>