Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Tender belly (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
So the last day or so right under my belly or i guess around my waist line or what ever has been really tender. Is this normal? Also my lower back and hips keep cracking/popping constantly. Did anyone else have that when they were pregnant? Just curious because my back never used to do that.

thanks,
Ashley Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 5th, 2008
so does ur lower back hurt? cause thats a early sign of pregnancy,and also that spot that is tender is called your abdominal,also another sign.have you missed a period?
|

Extremely eHealthy
I'm sorry, i should have said because I don't post on this part of the forum a lot so not many girls know me... I already know I'm pregnant... I'm 36.5 weeks. I'm just paranoid I'm gonna go into labor and not really know it..or like ignore it because i've been having BH like crazy.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
does it come in waves or is it always there?
|

Extremely eHealthy
well, i guess in waves.. 'cuz right now it's not but a few mins ago it was..
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
time them. if they are coming regularly and are lasting more than 60 seconds you should ring your hospital
|

Extremely eHealthy
alright... yeah that's accompanied by a constant back pain.... this could just be braxton hicks right? I hope so, i'd feel terrible waking my mum so early in the morning but if it's time it's time. A baby wont wait!
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Labour contractions are noticeably longer as well as more regular, frequent, and painful than Braxton Hicks contractions. Also, labour pains will increase in frequency, duration, and intensity as time goes on, while Braxton Hicks remain unpredictable and non-rhythmic.
|

Extremely eHealthy
well, the pains seem to be getting a bit more intense in some spots but that's it.. I had one while walking to the kitchen and back. It only lasted a second but it was almost bad enough to make me stop... I've been sitting in my rocking chair trying to relax to see if they start to come more often and intense.. so far like i said just a bit more intense in a few spots... now my back pain is coming and going Sad... i really don't want this to be it Sad
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Sounds like you are in Pre-labour or false labour

It’s not always easy to distinguish false from real labour if it’s your first pregnancy. As a general rule, if you’re in doubt, you’re not in real labour.

Although false labour is only a rehearsal, it is not a reason to be disappointed; false labour heralds real labour, and you won’t have very much longer to wait.

There are some simple distinctions between the contractions of false and real labour.

Regularity: False contractions never settle down and become truly regular.
Frequency: Contractions are sporadic. They may vary from 10 minutes to 20 minutes to 15 minutes, etc., with no steady pattern.
Effect of movement: False contractions usually weaken or subside altogether if you get up and move around; real contractions increase.
Strength: False contractions do not get progressively stronger. They may even weaken from time to time and disappear altogether.
Some women, especially if they are working, get overtired or overexcited, slip in and out of false labour for a few days before real labour begins.
Inform your doctor or midwife about the contractions. If they’re not available, seek reassurance from your hospital. Go to hospital if you want. If you stay at home keep on the move and stay upright to help labour progress.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I hpe he stays in for at least a few more days (will be 37 weeks on Wednesday). I keep getting up and walking around my downstairs.. i've been drinking water because i've heard that is supposed to help stop contractions if it's false labor...
|

Extremely eHealthy
i'll wait an hour or so to see if they get worse. if they do i'll go wake my mum to take me to the hospital (we're only like 2 mins away from it)
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
yes good idea. you are still clased as pre-term so you need to get checked out
|

Extremely eHealthy
yeah, i know. I was supposed to have a doctor appointment the past two days but it got postponed both days because he got called for a delivery... feeling an unusual pressure down there.. could that be the baby moving further down?
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
It may be yes. Good luck!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
The pressure could definitely be the baby moving further down. Has your cervix been checked yet?
|

Extremely eHealthy
not yet. like I said, my appointment has been postponed the past 2 days. Thursday to Friday and then Friday until Monday because he's gotten called to the hospital for a delivery both days... it'll have been 3 weeks since i've seen him last by Monday
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Oh, sorry. It's early and I've had no sleep so I missed that. Pressure is normal at this point. I've had that for a while now. Heck yesterday I was having contractions every 2 minutes and after a few hours they just stopped. It's really hard to know when it's time to go to the hospital.
|

Extremely eHealthy
lol. yeah, I haven't slept either. Well, as of now they have pretty much stopped. I still get a pretty intense one every now and again but they are pretty much gone. still the back pain but at this point that's normal... I don't want to have him yet but at the same time I just wish it'd be over so I don't have to deal with the BH any longer lol
|

Extremely eHealthy
The belly tenderness could be b.c your skin's so stretched that you'll losing some feeling in it and the parts that you can feel have become tender. That happened to me.
|
12 >>