Medical Questions > Debate Forums > Medical Marijuana Debate Forum

Medical Merijuana (Page 1)

User Profile
I am a gay man. 48 years old. I almost died from AIDS. I could not eat. When I did I threw up immediately. My tummy was tore up and continuous violent diarrhea was the norm.. I lost 67 lbs. in 3 weeks. I would sweat so horrifically bad when asleep that I slept on towels and my LTP would have to change them several times in a night. Like every hour. Drenched. My doctor put me on HIV meds and prescribed Marrinol to help me eat. It worked but I would still throw up so it didn't really help. Marijuana. The weed. I smoked it and the nausea stopped. I smoked it and my appetite was back and the food stayed down. I smoked it and I was able to sleep threw the night. Say what you will about medical marijuana. Until you have walked a mile in my shows and even if you have, I will always be for legalized medical marijuana. Anyone with half a heart should respect that. You can bye cigs to give yourselves cancer, alcohol to deteriorate your liver, crap from every fast food stand on the planet to harden your arteries but you deny me the one little weed that can make my quality of life 100 percent better and make a criminal out of me? Who is committing the true sin here? With marijuana you just plant it, pick it and smoke it. It couldn't be any more natural. GOD put marijuana on this planet for a reason. I am a living example to that fact..
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 5th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I love it! Another life saved thanks to God's gift! Peace on ya!
|
Users who thank sillyakchick for this post: homerx 

User Profile
replied January 5th, 2008
Community Volunteer
Thanks,kiddo....peace on you 2!!!!!xoxo
|

replied January 20th, 2008
Experienced User
Oh geez...here we go with how marijuana cures all the ills of the world....
It has been shown to be effective with NAUSEA in AIDS and CANCER, and in the treatment of GLAUCOMA. 99.99% of marijuana users neither have these conditions nor are interested in using the drug for these indications. Their idea of legalization based on "medical" use is to create a free for all with unlimited access based on pseudomedical criteria. Tell that to the kids on the bus in Kentucky that are dead due to marijuana or the child killed by a guy stoned out of his mind on marijuana and running over the kid walking along side, but not in the road.
|

User Profile
replied January 20th, 2008
Community Volunteer
Oh geezzz, here we go again blah blah blah...al...sweetheart...I think you may want to take a chill pill. No one has ever OD'ed on pot. Nor do people drive into school children and laugh like mad men and roll on the grown in hysterical ranting madness. Sounds like someone has watched Refer Madness one too many times. stretch Be informed and don't be a hater. Smile Its OK...take a deep breath and try to find your happy place. Very Happy
|

replied January 21st, 2008
Experienced User
No one ODs on marijuana, but the effects of marijuana can be just as tragic as alcohol for those who are irresponsible enough to take others lives into their hands by driving while high.
|

User Profile
replied January 21st, 2008
Community Volunteer
If you say so, sweetheart....if you say so... Rolling Eyes...and what "news" channel do you watch? Fox News or CBN or The 700 Club? I am sure it has to be one or the other....so predictable and such a waist of my time...bye,love, try to smile and be happy. God Bless you,dear. Smile
|

User Profile
replied January 23rd, 2008
Experienced User
Medical MJ
Listen up Algosdoc--Homerx just told his story and wanted to put it out there how therapeutic marijuana was for him-- he lost 67 lbs in 3 weeks and was quite literally dying...had u been in his place i bet u would have done anything,( yes , even put that wicked weed cig to your cannibus loathing lips) to be able to eat and nourish your body without nausea, start feeling better and stronger and have the confirmation that yes u might get through this episode and live. He wasn't on heroin-- it was marijuana -- hon. There was no need to get all huffy and ugly because u are so marjuana phobic--but i see that someone has deleted all that really unnecessary mean spirited stuff u wrote. There was no need for that--even if u do not agree with a person's opinion, blasting them and being rude and hateful is not acceptable on these forums. Just say what u want to say (and please back up with verifiable sources) and then go on. Debating a topic is fine, but for u, it does not seem you possess the tact to do so in an acceptable manner and that is sooo counterproductive. We all have our problems and i certainly hope and pray that u get help with yours. Peace--Love-- and Prayers--Bobbette PS We are all feeling human beings--sensitive and fragile spirits. i pray u lose the anger. Embarassed for u.
|
Users who thank bobbette for this post: homerx 

Experienced User
Sorry, I have no problems. Society might well benefit from medical benefits derived from the marijuana plant but smoking it in one study demonstrated a 6 times increase in respiratory complications. The problem is not with the plant marijuana, but with marijuana users. Only a very small fraction of marijuana users have AIDs, cancer, or glaucoma, therefore the "medical" term attached is being used inappropriately by those that would love to have free and easy access to what has been determined by the US Supreme Court, the US Congress, and several US Presidents to be an illegal illicit drug. The way to change laws is not by deciding which US laws are worthy of our following, but are through petitions, contacting your senator, use of data demonstrating efficacy in medical situations, engaging in activism to change the law. It is doubtful that even 0.1% of those desiring to have marijuana legalized for medical use have engaged in any of these forms of change, but had decided on their own to ignore the US laws, just as illegal aliens ignore US laws. The appropriate place for marijuana used for medical purposes is not on the local street corner where you can hang out with potheads, and those that would sell you harder drugs, but is in the drugstore. If the US is to adopt a "medical marijuana" policy then it should be in the form Canada has adopted such as Sativa, and not as an excuse to open the floodgates to anyone who wants it. If you think marijuana use is pervasive now, examine the correlation of another drug that was once illegal, alcohol, and check out its use. It is used by over 50% of the population monthly with tragic results that tens of thousands lose their lives each year because of uncontrolled use.
I am happy homerx found something that works for him. It is doubtful that all other available and demonstrably effective treatments were tried....an illegal drug happened to be available and it was used, and was claimed to be effective. I wrote nothing "mean spirited" but absolutely believe it is imperative that when one is being falsely accused of doing something illegal "hate mail" that the person making such accusations demonstrate to the forum and to the administrator the veracity of their accusations. There was no proof here because it didn't happen. What you perceive as "huffy and ugly" was merely defending the right to post without being falsely accused of illegal activity in violation of federal law. Resorting to false accusations in order to defend a viewpoint is unacceptable on this or any other forum.
Those that are really interested in the use of marijuana products for the treatment of specific diseases will call their senators and representatives, start petition drives for responsible use of marijuana, talk to their local TV stations, do their research on the subject using accepted medical journal articles and abstracts freely located on www.pubmed.com , and will use LEGAL means to make their point instead of deciding that traditional medicines won't work before even trying them and engaging in illicit drug use in violation of US law. Hopefully these useful suggestions will not be perceived as too "mean spiritied" or "hateful".
|

User Profile
Experienced User
medical marijuana
You know, it is sad when people cannot effectively discuss a topic without getting their post removed for review because they do not have the ability to express themselves ( opinion--only opinion) in a polite constructive way and be open and respectful to the right of others to have a possibly differing opinion. We are all different and have had different experiences. Lots and lots of things are being used and abused in our society today. Life is hard for a lot of people, the least we can do is to be kind and just LISTEN to others and respond in a respectful manner. Peace-- Love--and Prayers--Bobbette
|

Experienced User
It is sad when interlopers jump to conclusions without knowing the facts about a post. The post was temporarily removed because I posted a link where people can do their own research, the national library of medicine site. The administrator has stated the post will be reinstated. Differing opinions are expected, jumping to conclusions based on fantasy does little to forward a discussion.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Bobbette, I couldn't agree with you more. I don't know what I said (nothing I think) to make her go ballistic like she did. Confused She obviously didn't agree and wanted to fight about it. I don't have the time , the energy or the desire to fight with any one. Thank you for your kind words. We need all the kind hearts and sweet spirits we can get in this crazy world. Its way too easy to get angry and yell and shout and not listen to different opinions. You can have a dialog together without being nasty...its called civilization so why not be civilized, right? Very Happy
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Interlopers????? OH GOD, here she goes again!!!!
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
algosdoc wrote:
It is sad when interlopers jump to conclusions without knowing the facts about a post. The post was temporarily removed because I posted a link where people can do their own research, the national library of medicine site. The administrator has stated the post will be reinstated. Differing opinions are expected, jumping to conclusions based on fantasy does little to forward a discussion.

You are the interloper,lady...go away or be nice voices
|

User Profile
Experienced User
mm
No, it is sad when the moderator/administrator has to pull your nasty rantings off the site to review and as far as i am concerned they need to stay off. It seems u may have a problem expressing yourself in a constructive and kind manner. Interloper??? Isn't this a free open forum?? There are RULES about expressing yourself here-- i suggest u review them and try to put them into use--if not why don't u try an anger management forum????? You would probably be right in your element there. Good luck to you ! Peace and Prayers__Bobbette
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Good idea,Bobbette...Al, check out the Anger Management forum or start one yourself but PLEASE don't start again with your mad rantings..calm blue ocean calm blue ocean calm blue ocean..... voices voices voices voices wave wave wave wave
|

User Profile
Experienced User
mm
Oh, by the way, i did read the dialogue between the two of u yesterday before your entry was deleted for review--so i do know what and how u expressed yourself-- some people do not realize how they come across in these forums. Praying for U--Bobbette--I am serious maybe an anger management forum would be great for u -- some people do not even know they are angry and lash out at others in so many different ways. Good luck, Al-- Bobbette
|

Especially eHealthy
algosdoc wrote:

Links are sometimes removed automaticaly because mods don't always look at where the link goes before removing it; that, or the forum does it automatically. This is to prevent spam. There was no interloping involved.
|
Users who thank Tylanas for this post: homerx 

User Profile
Experienced User
mm
Thank u, Eiri! It seems Al thinks she can accuse people of being whatever--and because she says it --it is so. I believe she has said enough about this topic and on this thread. I am a nurse and i really had it rough when i worked in psyc for a while--that was my most frustrating experience as a nurse. Thanks for setting Algosdoc straight. Peace-- love--Prayers--Bobbette
|

User Profile
Experienced User
definition of interloper
Hey, Al --did u go back and read what Eiri wrote--there was no interloping. An interloper is" someone who intrudes on the privacy or property of another without permission." i had to go ahead and google it to make sure there wasn't some other meaning to it of which i was guilty--and nope that was not the case. It is unkind to accuse someone of doing something that just is not so. You cannot make something be so just by saying so. I know this may be a difficult concept for some people in these unprecedented political times--but in REALITY and TRUTH be known--that is how it is. I am truly sorry u are not a happy camper and i pray you will see the light soon. Peace--love and Prayers--Bobbette
|
12 >>
Quick Reply