Medical Questions > Mens Health > Testicles Forum

epididymitis caused by chlymidia ?

Must Read
Mumps is still common in many parts of the world. But what is the mumps? And what parts of the body can it affect? Basic facts on mumps here....
Although children are most at risk of getting the mumps, other groups are also at risk. Learn more about the mumps virus and risk factors for mumps here....
Swollen salivary glands are the first sign that you might have the mumps. But what other symptoms can you identify? And when should you seek medical help?...
I got back from my Dr. and found the ache in my testicle is from epididymitis. He gave me an antibiotic to clear it up and said it was due to a bacteria. I checked online and saw that one cause could be chlamydia. The only time I could have been exposed was about a month ago. What are the odds that I need to have a talk with my wife?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 7th, 2008
hey there - I just got diagnosed with the same...

I had a complete STD check up as part of my examination into the testicle pain, and I was clean, suggesting I didnt get my epididymitis from chlymidia

my doc saysthere are toms of reasons you get epididymitis, STD is one of many... what I am confused about is if it can CAUSE chlymidia... while I dont have it, I dont want my partner getting it as a result of the bacteria in my epididymis (tube to the testicle).

I guess the easiest thing for you to do is have yourslf checked for STDs, rather than getting in trouble with the missus - but I will be interested in what the docs on this forum have to say!
|

replied August 18th, 2009
Hi guys,
I really feel your pain. I was diagnosed with epididymitis 6 years ago and suffered from the inflammations and pain for about 2 and 1/2 years. Several urologists just assumed that I had sexual relationships out of the wedlock (it was not the case!) and prescribed several bouts of antibiotics to no avail... Then, I finally traveled to the hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, and they diagnosed an enlarged prostate that was exerting pressure on an internal nerve. A simple course of alpha-blockers (Flomax), for about two months, took care of the problem! The pain and inflammation totally went away...
I was so angry that I had to live with this for almost 3 years given how easy the solution was, just because most doctors are ignorant of the origins of this problem!
Please have your doctors try and prescribe you alpha-blockers: I never have had any problems since then...
I hope this helps: please post back if you tried alpha blockers and they worked: I would like to know if an enlarged prostate (or similar inflammation of internal muscles) is a common cause of epididymitis and be able to help more people...
|