Medical Questions > Cancer > Lung Cancer Forum

Pulminary Fibrosis treatment

Must Read
Start here for facts about lung cancer. We help you understand lung anatomy and outline the different types of lung cancer that doctors diagnose....
Doctors know that smoking tobacco damages the lungs. But does smoking cause lung cancer? And are smoker more at risk of lung cancer than non-smokers? More here....
Early lung cancer symptoms can be difficult to spot. Learn how to identify signs and symptoms and know when to seek medical help for lung cancer here....
My father has Pulmonary fibrosis. He is a Corean War Veteran. I need to knw if there other Corean War veteran with this condition and if there any treatment that ca save him. Please help i don't want to loose him. I love him very much.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 10th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
When was this diagnosis established for the first time?
What symptoms he has?
Is he in need to take a supplemental oxygen to improve his quality of life?
|

replied January 10th, 2008
My father was diagnosed 1yr ago. He has shortness of breath. He uses oxigen but he is geting worse. I love him very much and i don't want him to die. He was in the corean War and i need to know if there are others with this condition and if there anything i can do to save him. He never smoke or drank. Can you help me with information?
|

User Profile
replied January 21st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Is your father taking corticosteroids and drugs that suppress the body's immune response?
Drugs are the primary way that PF is treated. They are usually prescribed for at least 3 to 6 months. Oxygen administration and, in special cases, transplantation of the lung are other choices.
Do you know the stage of your father's disease?
|

replied March 28th, 2008
Hello
My father was taking 10mg of corticosteroids the dosis was too small and the doctors took to long to give him treatment. So 2 weeks ago my daddy died. I am so sad. I tried to safe him because i love him so much. He died and i could not do anything to safe him. I miss him so much. He was the best father ever.
|

User Profile
replied April 3rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I'm really sorry you lost your father.

If the chronic pulmonary inflammation and fibrosis in your father's lung have develop without an identifiable cause, he probably, had condition called idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) that does not respond to immune suppressive therapy.
Was a lung transplantation considered?
|

replied April 8th, 2008
Hello
He was 77 years old but he was a stong man. He was great. But since he was 77 year old man they didn't consider him for transplant. They don't transplant after 65. The thing is that my fathers family live up to 115 years. So he died young in comparison. I am very sad because i miss him very much. My mother miss him very much too. The house is so empty without him. it's so hard but i know he wanted me to be strong for my family. He never lost consciousness. He died knowing he was dying. I keep thinking what else i could of done but i didnot have time to save him. I was looking for a cure but i didn't find it in time. i miss him soo, soo much. I am going to try to find answer for other people with this condition because i don't want anybody to sufer like my father, my family did. Thank you.
|

User Profile
replied April 11th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I'm sure he died happy knowing the fact that he has a daughter and wife that are so caring and loving.
I wish you a success in finding answers for this condition (many cases are misdiagnosed and many can be prevented if people are aware of risk factors like inhaled environmental and occupational pollutants, cigarette smoking, certain medications, therapeutic radiation)

Best wishes!
Marija
|

replied April 12th, 2008
Thank you
Thank you very much for listening to me. This is helping me to cope with my fathers lost.
|