Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Pregnant but started period

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
i missed my period in mid december and took multiple pregnancy tests. each test came out positive and shows that i am pregnant. my husband and i are really excited except that i just started my period...i believe that it is in my family for women to have their period for atleast the first 3 months during pregnancy, i still have the syptoms that we experience during pregnancy should i still go to the doctor and have a blood test, is this common? what do i do? scared
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 3rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Go to the doctor. Bleeding can occur but if it is with cramping it could be a sign of a miscarriage. You should always go to the doctor if either occurs just to be safe.
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
yep, I agree with Opal. Better to be safe.
|

User Profile
Supporter
it's too early to test
|

Extremely eHealthy
It is not too early to test for anything. She has already missed her period and had a positive test. She needs to go to the doctor to make sure everything is ok with her baby, especially if she is bleeding
|

User Profile
replied January 4th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Most definetly check it out with a doctor... ive never heard of heritiary periods while pregnant.... go to a professional.
|