Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

I might be pregnant

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Ok well me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex on christmas and its not jan 2 and i was supposed to start on the first but my chest has been a little tender and i dont know if i am but im under stress becuz i told my bf and he said im not but i havent had any signs of my period coming and today my mom just asked if i started and i lied becuz she would have a heartattack if she found out her 16 year old daughter was preg....so anyone plz help Crying or Very sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 3rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
There would not be enough time between December 25 and Jan 2 for you to have any symptoms if you were pregnant, whatsoever. Also, if you were expecting your period on the 1st, then you would have had sex most probably far enough after you ovulated that you are not pregnant.

Stop worrying because it is unlikely that you are pregnant going by the dates in your post, and worrying can delay your period.

If you want to feel better about it, in a few days get a home pregnancy test and take it first thing in the morning the first time you use the bathroom.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
I don't understand how your boyfriend would know if you were pregnant or not: you know your body better than he would. Don't lie to your mother, she will find out anyways what's going on with you, and besides, you can be late with a period for a number or reasons, not just pregnancy, so the truth really isn't something that you even have to worry about lying about.

I agree with the above post that having sex a week before your period is most likely too late to worry about pregnancy. Normally you ovulate 14 days before your period begins.

But if you don't want to get pregnant, don't do what you did anymore......it's obviously stressing you out way too much, and not just because your mom would be upset with you.
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Stress can really throw your body out of wack...When I was in college I used to have problems with my periods around exam time, they would be very late or sometimes not come at all! But your breast being tender could be a sign of PMS......way to soon for it to indicate pregnancy. If you don't start, wait a while and take a test but in the mean time try to relax. You and your boyfriend should really be using protection everytime yall do it.
|

User Profile
replied January 4th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
only thing i can say is quite stressin. relax about it all because if your not pregnent then all this will just make it later and later.
|

User Profile
replied January 4th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
If you were pregnant... you would not be showing any symptoms yet. Stress can massively delay or even cancel a period... So chill out and wait it out. Patience and Time will provide you with answers. Are you on any form of Birth control? Were the two of you using condoms? If not, maybe you should consider this route... to help aid in future worrying.
|