Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Frequent Urination after Sex

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
right... this may sound weird but im a 17 year old feamle and ever since having sex with a differnt male my vagina has been feeling strange i constantly feel like i need to wee and wen i go to the toilet when iv wee'd it feels lyk it still needs to come out ..also my vagina feels like its got something up it like a wedgy or something ... what is it ?!?!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper xoxnikaxox
|

replied January 2nd, 2008
Experienced User
Sounds like you have a bladder infection/UTI (urinary tract infection). Make sure you ALWAYS use protection, because there's a possibility this could be something more severe than a bladder infection.
|

thats the fing im worried about we didnt use anything... it was a drunken nyt ... eeeekk !!!!
|

thats the fing im worried about we didnt use anything... it was a drunken nyt ... eeeekk !!!!
|

Experienced User
Go to a Dr. then. And be more careful that you don't get so drunk that you forget about protecting yourself. You don't want to get pregnant or an STD because you were careless one time.
|

Especially eHealthy
Yeah, you could be pregnant and have an STD so you need to be checked and take a pregnancy test at least 2 weeks after the sex happened.
|

replied May 18th, 2008
i had an water infection.. xXx
|

replied June 1st, 2009
Sounds like what they call Honeymoon Cystitis, it's a urinary infection that can be caused by sex, and although you don't have to have just come back from honeymoon to get it that's what they call it. The infection itself is Cystitis, symptoms are frequent urination, and pain or burning when you pass water, plus sometimes a feeling that you have more water to pass but it won't come out.
Honeymoon Cystitis is common in women and girls who have just started having sex or women who have gone back to having sex after a long period of no sex. Lower urinary tract (LUT) symptoms in women are very common after sexual intercourse. Cystitis means inflammation of the bladder and it is usually, but not invariably due to infection. Bacteria are often pushed mechanically up the urethra and into the bladder during coitus. The male urethra, being substantially longer, is not susceptible to the same problem.
The term 'honeymoon' was applied because, in the past, this was expected to be the time of first intercourse. Of course, the condition of post-coital female lower urinary tract infection occurs at many times beyond the traditional 'honeymoon' - from the onset of sexual activity into old age.
|

replied September 29th, 2009
I'm sixteen and i had rough sex with this guy, and i got pain in my vaginal area.. It's probably something torn in there. But i'm not sure. I need help too
|

replied October 21st, 2009
is that i am pregnant?
Hi I'm 23 years old.. i had sex with my boyfriend.We has taken protection .
He wear a condom. On the second i suffered from frequent urination and blood spot.I thought i got periods ,actual its time for my periods.But its not.. i am scared a little bit.
|

replied August 17th, 2010
My boyfriend & I have been having sex & everytime we do, we use a condom. & it had been happening so often, (the pain & frequent bathroom trips) that I went & got it checked it out & the doctor found blood in my urine. They sent it to get looked at closer & it WAS NOT a UTI. What else could it be?
|

replied May 25th, 2013
im a girl and i just had sex a week ago with guy, now i'm feeling a bit discomfort in my abdomen and i urinate frequently and there's blood in my urine. what do you guys think this is?
|
Quick Reply