Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

mixing urine for testing

Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....
I went for a job interview. I smoke weed so I had sumone elses urine to use for the drug test. Turns out I didnt have enough for the full smaple, so I added about a teaspoon(or so) of my own urine(dirty with weed).The other pee was completely clean. Will the test come out dirty, OR will it come out inconclusive due to delusion?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 2nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Oh Boy!
I really should not be answering this one! I am really going to try and hold myself together here. I use to be a drug collector for companies at a clinic I worked for. Some of the companies policies were to frist the client before testing. I was frisking this one and in her sock was a ballon full of nice warm urine! Needless to say, I called the employer and told her where the door was. So please, don't even go there with me. What you did was wrong. I is done all the time but that does not make it right. Why do you think they have to open the plastic bag it comes in right in front of you, have blue tint in the toilet water and tell you not to flush.
What you did was nothing less then fraud, you know that don't you?
Now I am done. *Grimise*
THC can stay in you system for every day it stays in you system for longer time.And YES it very well may come back durty.
|

replied November 14th, 2011
lame
You can't even spell
|

replied November 14th, 2011
lame
You can't even spell
|

Extremely eHealthy
I actually hope it comes back dirty. If you need a clean test for a job you should have taken the initiative to be an adult and get off of drugs. There is a reason they drug test you and hopefully they find out and don't add a druggie to the work place.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
yep its dirty. but you should have know that......
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
What was the job interview for?
|

replied January 4th, 2008
Have to Disagree...
I don't smoke weed, i have tried it and honestly don't enjoy it. I experience that emptiness all the time i don't need the weed for it. But yes sorry rambling.

True, by legal definition it is Fraud. Smoking weed from time to time should not be looked at in such an outraged light. Should companies screen smokers and drinkers as well? (Yes i am aware you take a full psychical for most jobs). I am a big believer in morality, more so than anything your own sense of personal reality. If you are comfortable smoking marijuana which clearly you are, then that is your decision.

Companies punish for it because it is seen as illegal, addictive etc etc. I am not going to pretend it's not, i won't even justify your usage of it. But i will say that everyone who has a problem with you switching urine is in some way a hypocrite. We all lie and deceive in our own ways. The question was not a morale one, morality is not a universally finite idea, it is for you to decide and your choice to smoke weed from time to time should not cost you your livlihood.

I could ramble morals with you forever, but i shan't. I hope it comes back clean... I am at least 99% sure it won't... But i hope it does.
|

replied January 4th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Have to Disagree...
Selenity wrote:
I don't smoke weed, i have tried it and honestly don't enjoy it. I experience that emptiness all the time i don't need the weed for it. But yes sorry rambling.

True, by legal definition it is Fraud. Smoking weed from time to time should not be looked at in such an outraged light. Should companies screen smokers and drinkers as well? (Yes i am aware you take a full psychical for most jobs). I am a big believer in morality, more so than anything your own sense of personal reality. If you are comfortable smoking marijuana which clearly you are, then that is your decision.

Companies punish for it because it is seen as illegal, addictive etc etc. I am not going to pretend it's not, i won't even justify your usage of it. But i will say that everyone who has a problem with you switching urine is in some way a hypocrite. We all lie and deceive in our own ways. The question was not a morale one, morality is not a universally finite idea, it is for you to decide and your choice to smoke weed from time to time should not cost you your livlihood.

I could ramble morals with you forever, but i shan't. I hope it comes back clean... I am at least 99% sure it won't... But i hope it does.

First of all, I do not take lightly to being called a hypocrite. What this person did was wrong. We are headed toward a drug free work place in all area's, so get use to it. You want a doctor that smokes week doing surgery on you? No thanks! I think I've made my point.
I do have a problem with him switching urine. You my dear are advocating drug use in the work place or at home. Not good! You choose to smoke weed, fine. Just don't expect to work for anyone that uses a No Tolerance Drug Free work place.

Carrie
Staff Moderator
|

replied January 5th, 2008
I am fairly certain that the question asked was a medical one. I indulged in the morality of it because everyone seemed so outraged at the decision... I am not advocating drug use in the work place, i am advocating that people be allowed to decide what is right and wrong for themselves.

cloe did not come on here fighting deep inner demons of the terrible mistake she had made. Everyone does lie and deceive in their own way, as a fan of House i don't see how you can believe in everyone doing what is globally accepted as right.

Ultimately it is fraud, it is wrong. My own morals are not perfect.. Not even close to... This is probably the only time i will ever use a religious quote but "Let he without sin cast the first stone". I won't condemn their decision without knowing the full story.. Just I. I apologize for labeling you a hypocrite, not my place.
|

replied January 5th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I am one of you loyalist "House" (Huge Lourie) fans. I have every eposide made so far. Everyone has a right to thier own opinions and that is a freedom of this country I hope we never loose. I have been sexually molested by a doctor that took up drinking and golf for an after work hobby. I use to hate to see him walk in to make runs. The smell would knock you over. I am a true believer that OSHA has thier reasons for a drug free work place and that is accidents on the job sites are on the rise. I also should not be condemned for my opinion kowing that the places I go are safe and those that process my food are safe to work. Just the other day they found siendide in the drinking water in a county north of me. Not saying the cause was from this issue. I'm just saying that I want to know that where I go is safe to work and shop. Thank-you for the oppolgy. I worked Addiction and Recovery and I have seen more then you will see in a lifetime. Not a pretty picture at all.
This persons urine Will come back durty.
|

replied February 8th, 2009
wow, what a bunch of prudes
I beg to differ with all of your oppinions. I am an addiction counselor and let me tell you that legal drugs are far more addictive than illegal ones. Is taking Nyquil to quickly relieve cold symptoms wrong? How about Xanax for anxiety? Advil for a headache? Is the person who has a glass of wine after work to take the edge off of a stressful day more moral then the person who takes a few puffs of weed? Because it's illegal? In that case, let's tell the cancer patients in CA that they can just suffer with pain and nausea. Before you all judge me and my success or failure as an addiction counselor, let me say that you don't know what you're talking about. Eighty percent of the clients at our facility are addicted to what their doctors prescribed them, which are the drugs du jour that the pharmaceutical reps gave them incentives to prescibe. They are Lortab, percocet, and other opiates (yes opiates). Using a drug is not immoral, but abusing a drug may be, depending on your beliefs. It's self medicating, that's what living in this country teaches us. It's really not as bad as you're making it out to be. And the drunk surgeon analogy is just aweful. It's like comparing apples to SUVs. Using drugs IN the work place is stupid, don't get me wrong, but who are you people to judge this guy for asking this queston? If you want to question his ethics for switching his urine, that's one thing, but you're on a witch hunt because he uses a substance that albeit illegal, it's effects are far less harmful or lethal than alcohol. Why don't you thump those bibles at the alcohol and tobacco industries; they are responsible for far more deaths than marijuana smokers. Moderation is not a sin. It's just that Marijuana, the least dangerous drug, stays in you system 10x longer than any other drug. I have clients who are addicted to Xanax and opiates like Lortab (for back pain) that take a UA Monday morning, get plowed out of their mind the rest of the day and then pass, that's right pass, their UA Tuesday afternoon. This is true for most "har-core" drugs (3 days for most). I think you're labeling marijuana and its users because the drug is illegal, understandably, but pour out that glass of wine or smash out that cigarette before you do. You're doing more harm to yourself, and others, than a person who smokes a joint from time to time. Addiction is when your substance use is affecting several areas of your life and, without it, you experience physical withdraws or you tolerance increases from its continued use. And making up an excuse for being late to work or calling in sick when you're really not, that's fraud, too. And to answer the original question, you should not have filled up the rest of the cup with your own urine. The amount you had, though less than desired, would have been sufficient. Good luck to you.
|

User Profile
replied February 11th, 2009
I hope it does not come dirty and i can not believe anyone could ever hope a test comes back dirty. this will ruin a mans life if its positive how can you hope such a thing on a fellow human who makes a stupid decisions.
|