Medical Questions > Relationships > Dating Forum

Is There Any Free Adult Dating Site? (Page 1)

Hi gals,
I'm a single mom with 3 little girls, am 26 yrs old just trying to make a good life for my kids! I like hanging with friends, family, riding 4 wheelers, camping, boating, and just life in general. Is there any free adult dating website where can I get my partner?
Thanks in advance!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper hellnec
|

replied March 9th, 2009
Experienced User
I could be of help!
You can try placing an ad or looking at ads on Craigslist. L believe it's free! I'm going to do it. Also there is a Website called meetup. You can look for people who share the same interests as you.
|

replied March 9th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
You could always try yahoo dating i think thats free to!......Jenny
|

replied April 5th, 2009
free dating site

I think the number of members is really key -- if there are only a few dozen people to choose from in your area, what are the odds you'll actually meet someone decent?

There are also a number of sites that cater to single parents, but I'd be careful there. You can never take too many precautions to protect your kids.
|

replied April 5th, 2009
yes
yes there is there are ALOT but you im 99% sure you shouldnt trust someone why? if you call them sure theyd have a voice but are they who you think they are 2.the pohotos you dont know who the person rely is behind the screen jsut go to a dance club with some mates
|

User Profile
replied September 14th, 2009
Experienced User
I wouldnt suggest it. Everytime I have met someone from online...they have been creeps and wackjobs! Infact...the last person I met online, I had to call the cops for harassment. But if you feel this is the last resort, please please dont jump into a rendevous so soon!!
|
Users who thank maggie420 for this post: J3nnyuk 

replied January 4th, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
i totally agree with maggie420 there is a lot of weirdos online and you dont know whether they are genuine or not..just be careful hun...Jenny
|

replied April 26th, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
It's possible you're one of the weirdos online. Most of the people who have approached me at clubs have all also been looking for partners online, it's not like you can separate people into two groups. Unless you have time to troll single spots, online dating may be the only realistic approach for you. Even if you can hit the bars every Friday it doesn't somehow prevent you from meeting creeps. In the last two years 11 out of the 14 people I've dated I met online. 10 of them were not right for me but perfectly polite and reasonably lovely people. Be descriminating and get to know the people you're considderring meeting. Promote yourself honestly and positively and don't discount people without getting to know them.
|

replied February 25th, 2011
The online dating is now a minefield in all honesty, just be careful like in your real life and you should be ok. A few little tips to help:

1). If someone online asks for money before meeting for any reason watch out they are probably a scammer.

2). Don't give out to much info, phone number limit to mobile until the dating progresses. A mobile you can throw away and get a new one your landline can lead to other info.

3). If you meet someone always tell a friend or family member and where you are going.

4). If meeting choose a neutral place with other people around and choose to meet there do not allow yourself to be picked up.

5). Try not drink to much on a date or at all. Depends on you though.

As far as places to find people the ones I have used with varying success have been:

plentyoffish.com - not really free now though and features keep being cut back.

match.com - Don't bother now, got to many messages from scammers at one point.

flirtnmeet.com - good site if dig around, you still have to pay for some extras though

upfordating.com - Nice relaxed free dating site with a good atmosphere

datingfree4u.com - Good free dating site with very active mods, so less scammers which means more genuine replies which to me means less time wasted.

Good luck in your search
|

replied April 13th, 2011
yeah... there are lots of free adult dating sites on internet. But among them i am pick site is good for online chat and its totally free.
|

replied April 16th, 2011
Myspace is an excellent free adult dating website. While it doesn't have online chat built into it like Facebook does, it is totally free to email other Myspace members. All you need to do is follow a few simple rules to stay safe and make sure you are not meeting the wrong person.

(1) Share some photos with the other person and ask the other person to share photos of him/herself with you.

(2) If the other person claims to be in a crisis and in desparate need of money, offer to post that person's situation on a public forum, such as Topix, for instance, and if he/she tells you "no", then that person is a potential scammer and must be avoided.

(3) When it comes time to meet that person, exchange cell phone numbers with that person and arrange only to meet in a public place. Some great examples of public places to meet someone from the Internet, especially Myspace, include;

Shopping malls

Restaurants

Museums

Libraries

Cafeterias

For more security, you should also print or copy a photo from your email or emails, or that person's Myspace profile, of that person you plan to meet. That way, it will be a lot easier to sniff out liars or imposters. And don't meet in the parking lot either. Meet in a more central location. For instance, if you choose a shopping mall as the meeting place, arrange to meet that person at, for instance, the food court, the Christmas tree, or at the fountain. That way you also avoid any potential predators, and in the hopefully unlikely event that person does assault you in any way, someone sees it, calls the police, and the predator goes to jail.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

User Profile
replied July 21st, 2011
Online dating is not always THAT bad! But usually on the free ones... You will find several Creepo's :/
Unfortunately...

But... Sometimes... There will be that ONE!
Only thing is, finding the right one is like finding a needle in a hay stack. But it's just a matter of finding that needle and getting to sewing! :]
|

replied January 31st, 2012
your right but there are some dating sites that are good enough. and creepy people are everywhere so i don't think dating sites are excepted.

to find your "different from others" someone you need patience.
|
12 >>