Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Community Chat Forum

Happy New Year! I Am Freezing!!

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
Oh my! Woke up this morning with cold air through the house.
Looked at the temp and it says 60 degrees. My husband tried to turn off the cold air and it wouldn't turn off. That was four hours ago. Now it is 53 degrees in this house with cold air still going throughout the house. I closed a lot of the vents. There is no way to turn it off - NONE!! At least none that we can figure out.
We have a one year home warranty insurance and it covers furnace. Our furnace is almost 20 years old. The company in California dispatched our situation as an emergency yet they can't get a hold of someone as of yet. We have layers on. Nathan has an ear infection and was throwing up two days ago and Brian has a little cough and snotty nose. I am cold and I hate cold. We are miserable. We don't have much insulation in this house. Even when the heat is on, we are a little cold. Thank goodness for fireplaces. We have a wood fireplace that lets out a little heat.

I am HOPING that our furnace is shot at we can get a new furnace. It would be a few days of complete inconvenience but will save us a few thousand dollars that we would have to fork out in a few years. This home warranty is good for this one year.

So, wish us warmth and a ironically, a broken furnace so we can get a nice new one:)

Karin
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 31st, 2007
Experienced User
I wish you a borken furnace! Lol I hope you don't have to pay for it too.

I love the cold. It's supposed to be 55 here during the day and 34 at night starting Wednesday.. . . . mMmm, I can't wait!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
oh man! i know how it feels to be cold with just a fireplace for warmth =(
and it sucks
i hope you guys get a new furnace SOOOON
especailly with ur little ones there
|

Especially eHealthy
yikes i hope they find someone soon! id be demanding a hotel stay if they cant
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
No kidding.

A guy is supposed to be here in a few hours. If he can't fix it today, we will probably stay in a hotel tonight. There is something called the humanitarian bowl here, so it maybe hard to find a hotel. I can always stay with my narcissistic, needy friend but I am trying SO HARD to avoid going over there. Last time, while she was playing with Brian, she shook him and thought she was "playing with him." She is the only person we know here. Oh, we will pay top dollar for a hotel room rather than stay with her.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Something "tripped" the emergency switch to off. The guy just turned it back on and said, "If it flips to off again, turn it on and call us. Something could be wrong with your system." Duh! He told us to get a carbon monoxide alarm for a "just in case." Lovely. I have a feeling that a lot has to happen to get our full furnace that is covered by the home warranty. The home warranty insurance people contract with these guys probably because they can keep costs down for them.

Oh and they were rude when they came. They are getting paid time and a half. At least they can say, "Hi!" Oh well.

I got my heat! Pat is going to get the carbon monoxide alarm today and then we will be happy, warm people in just a bit. It is already up to 58 degrees:)
|