Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Cheapest birth control pill ? Ortho Tri-cyclen Lo

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I've been on Ortho Tri-cyclen Lo for almost 2 years now... I just graduated college and do not have any health insurance. It was costing me $15 a month with my parents insurance but once this pack I just started runs out, that is it. I think it's something like $47 at the pharmacy I've been going to without any insurance.

Anyone run into the same problem, ever? Any suggestions on possibilities of where I can get the pill for the cheapest without any insurance? Does Planned Parenthood prescribe BC without an exam? I am not due for a pap smear until June. I could very likely still get a script from my doctor, but if so I'm trying to find my cheapest options for continuing to stay on the pill because I prefer it much much more than just using condoms.

Anyone have any advice? I heard of birthcontrol.com where you can get 3 packs for $47, but how valid is that?

Help! Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper bellydancer7
|

User Profile
replied December 31st, 2007
Experienced User
Hey i have the same problem, and only get payed $8 ph, so i understand the need to find cheep bc. If you go to planned parenthood, they will have you fill out papers, and one of the questions is how much you make, depending on how much you make is how much they charge. I have to pay 15 for my pills so thats affordable. I usualy pick up 2 packs for $20 the first couple months they were okay w/o giving me an exam. I think since you dont need one yet you should be fine. Planned parenthood is great! Also, you dont need to, but everyone there is a volenteer so when ever i have alittle extra money i give it to them.

Good luck hope that helps!
|

Especially eHealthy
planned parenthood offers free birth control
|

Experienced User
$47 isn't horrible I actually had to pay $75 for mine at one time because my insurance didn't cover birth control!!! I would have to go with the girls on this one and say that the planned parenthood is the best way to go otherwise cut back on some other things to pay the higher price.
|

Wow! You girls are getting a deal! Nuvaring costs $44.00, even for poor income people at my Planned Parenthood. But, without insurance at my pharmacy it costs $57.00. Yikes!
|

User Profile
Supporter
Yeah, you can go to Planned Parenthood or the local free clinic and they can give you a great discount, if not free birth control.
It might depend on your income though. Either way, it's probably cheaper.
|

Extremely eHealthy
PLANNED PARENTHOOD does offer BC pills without an exam.

EACH one is different. Not all of them can offer free services, but all of them offer the services for lower than anywhere else.

DEFINITELY try planned parenthood!
|

replied January 7th, 2008
Re:
Thanks for all the help, guys.

I am going to give Planned Parenthood a try. There are 3 located near me within a 15 mile radius so I definitely have my choice of places that I can compare and see what the best options are.

I am currently unemployed because the job I previously had was an on campus job and they can't pay non-students. So I'd imagine they'll be able to offer it to me at the lowest possible cost.

But we'll see.
|

replied April 1st, 2009
try walmart... $9 without insurance
|

replied October 7th, 2009
birth control pills cheap
get ortho cyclen generic sprintec @ walmart for 9 bux, girls. Wink
|

User Profile
replied February 26th, 2010
Birth control for $9 a month
yay thank god i have been paying $60 a month cause I dont have insurance I am totally callin my dr in the am
|

replied March 30th, 2010
WoW!! Thats cheap..Im paying for Ortho Tricyc-Lo, at $65 a pack..now my Errin Birth Control is $30...I think I will switch..Thanks for the advice! Going to Parent Plannedhood.=D
|

replied September 21st, 2010
Don't NEED planned parenthood. Check out walmart, walgreens, CVS, etc. they all have lists of Rx's that are $4, $9, and even 3 months of an RX for $10. Ortho Tricyclene and Ortho Cyclene are both on the cheap list at Walmart for sure. If you are paying more than that you are not so smart.
|

replied October 24th, 2010
about cheap birth control ı think you should read this article

All children born into this world should be planned and wanted. It is for this reason that men and women who are sexually active should have access to or practice the use of contraceptives. Religious convictions aside, there should be no reason why one who engages in sexual activity will not use contraceptives if having children is still out of one’s plans. With our advancing technology, contraceptives are now cheap, effective, and very accessible. Perhaps the cheapest and easily bought types of contraceptives are the birth control pill, the condom, and spermicide.

The pill is available in many different brands and type. You can buy a generic brand or one that is under an expensive brand name, which is usually bought with a prescription. Generally speaking, the pill is effective in preventing conception by up to 98 percent. It is available in drugstores or pharmacies anywhere. The price of the birth control pill ranges from under $10 for the generic brands to much higher amounts for the branded ones. Those who cannot afford to buy the pill at the standard prices can try obtaining them in family planning clinics in the community. If you are under an insurance plan from the company you work for, try to find out if the plan can cover prescription for the pill....

|

replied September 16th, 2011
I take sprintec and it's only $9 per month without insurance. Call your local pharmacies!
|

replied April 18th, 2013
a bit late to this but I just moved to the States. Does Walmart still do the $9 ortho cyclene/tri cyclene? And I'm assuming I need a prescription to pick one up too right?
|