Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

chest pains and heart flutters caused by stress ?

Must Read
Flu basics - what is the flu? Get started here to learn how to protect yourself....
Who is at risk of developing flu related complications? Can people die from the flu? More on risk factors here....
We answer your questions on flu symptoms here. How are cold and flu symptoms different? When should you seek medical help for flu? Plus more....
i am 16 years old and have been haveing weird chest pains in my back and shoulders for a year ......

and my lower front of the ;egs irregular haeart flutters im scared and terrified i am going to die i went to a&e
six months ago they suspected pulmonary embolism !
sooo i had legs measured chest examineations .......
x-ray ....blood test and ecgs !!!!

i never have pain ...when i breathe in though ....but i get weirs pressures through my chest
I Get the feeling only somtimes i am not breathing enough air in ...
but ...im scared im gnna die no one will listen to me !!
pains in the lower back aswell but under my bra line around the back hirts when i move my shoulders really bad ....Sad
Then i went back to a&e last week...where they did chest x-ray another ecg............
and blood test .....everything came back normal except my blood test clotted !!
sooo they couldnt test mt blood they said it happend all the time if blood is left out side for to long sooo its normal
now im convinced i have clot on the lung
butt could i for a year and a few months its way long the doctors said ....
its kind of bizzare in the end i had to sighn out of hospital !!!
cause i couldnt wait any longer it was real late the doctor said i didnt have anything life threatening and they aee
putting it dwn to anxiety ?

please write back pleasae
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 1st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Jodie, I would see a doctor for those answers.
|

User Profile
replied April 17th, 2008
Re: chest pains and heart flutters caused by stress ?
jodie 16 wrote:
i am 16 years old and have been haveing weird chest pains in my back and shoulders for a year ......

and my lower front of the ;egs irregular haeart flutters im scared and terrified i am going to die i went to a&e
six months ago they suspected pulmonary embolism !
sooo i had legs measured chest examineations .......
x-ray ....blood test and ecgs !!!!

i never have pain ...when i breathe in though ....but i get weirs pressures through my chest
I Get the feeling only somtimes i am not breathing enough air in ...
but ...im scared im gnna die no one will listen to me !!
pains in the lower back aswell but under my bra line around the back hirts when i move my shoulders really bad ....Sad
Then i went back to a&e last week...where they did chest x-ray another ecg............
and blood test .....everything came back normal except my blood test clotted !!
sooo they couldnt test mt blood they said it happend all the time if blood is left out side for to long sooo its normal
now im convinced i have clot on the lung
butt could i for a year and a few months its way long the doctors said ....
its kind of bizzare in the end i had to sighn out of hospital !!!
cause i couldnt wait any longer it was real late the doctor said i didnt have anything life threatening and they aee
putting it dwn to anxiety ?

please write back pleasae

hi, yea go to the doctor but plz dont be scrared! not ever! ok! even if your not stressed and these feeling/symtoms are goin on! your body is tellin you to chill and relax! my body did for almost 5 months! i did as little as possible due to heart papitations and pain all over! numbness all of it and im sooo much better and ya know wat! it all starts from thinking!!!! you have to find a way to think as plane ans normal as possible drop all those bad thinking habbits and unrealistic thoughts! GO SEE A DOCTOR ok dont wait thell run some test and talk to you.i think hospital doctors are the best to talk to wen you feeling your smytoms may be more! then wat hes says but trust in him or her ok! drink water ALOT eat good TAKES VITAMIN PILLS ok!!! DO IT!!! time will go by and practice breathing ok!!
|

replied April 18th, 2008
Experienced User
Hi
Hi Ive Had All The Tests Since This Last Post ...All Clear Im Getting On Now And Expecting A Baby Thank You x
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

User Profile
replied August 3rd, 2009
Dumb People
Meltd0wn...that was tad bit harsh, don't you think. It's people like you that give people bad names. Shut your mouth and let her live her life. If she is happy, it doesn't matter what you or nobody else has to say. But as for you Jodie 16..I know what you are going through. I'm fixing to turn 18 and have had stuff like that going on. It's scary, and you do think you are going to die. I think mine is actually stress and anxiety though. Good luck with everything dear!
|

User Profile
replied August 3rd, 2009
Supporter
mrshurst11 hello and welcome..i suffer from anxiety and 48 yrs old and your symptoms do sound like anxiety related as i suffer these horrible feelings and on medication for chest pain..i too worried it was my heart but its due to build up of acid reflux and thats what causes the pressure pain in the chest..i wake sometimes out of a sleep feeling the need to breath at it feels irregular and feel i am missing heartbeats but this is just the palpatations you experience..
if you are worried see your doctor and try relaxation to help your breathing as this can easily turn to a panic attack..
my medication and stress of a prolapsed disc help me get my symptoms diagnosed and mild anti depressants are good..
i hope this eases your mind in some way and its nothing to worry about when under control.
its a very fightening experience and especially in younger people i know i got a fright so goodness knows how it feels for the younger generation..
i hope this explanation to you helps jodie also and wish you both the best of luck..
ioka.
|

replied November 16th, 2009
Hey I'm not exactly sure what heart flutters are but I suffer from anxiety and even when I'm not nervous I'll feel this weird feeling like I'm gasping for air for a secnd and get that weird feeling in my chest and throat as if I'm excited but I'm not. Is that a chest flutter? And if so, I started getting them 2 days ago when I got this congestion in my chest.
|

replied January 9th, 2010
Heart Flutters
Heart flutters can be caused by a heart murmur or mitral valve prolapse. MVP is rarely serious. Your doctor can find out if you have it by giving you an ultrasound of the heart. An EKG will NOT always find it.
|