Medical Questions > Cancer > Breast Cancer Forum

swelling under left breast on top of rib

Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....
I have a swelling under my left breast on top of the first rib for a month now, it is getting bigger, there is no pain, however, I do have a slight spasam when sneeze and discomfort when I eat or a little full. It feels like something is under there. Endoscopy checked out ok, colonoscopy checked out ok. Now the right is starting to swell a little also, what could this be?

Optional Information:
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper jackieoh
|

User Profile
replied January 11th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Have you been examined with x-ray or CT scan?
Is this swelling spreading to the left breast or is isolated and forms circled swollen area?
Do you feel discomfort when you breath?
Is the color of skin changed?
|

replied January 11th, 2008
I had a ct scan of the abdomen which revealed a adrenial adenona 2cm, the endocronologist says that is not a factor, I also had a mammogram, there is no change in the skin color, there is discomfort in the area like a spasam sometimes. It feels like there is constantly something there an the swelling is soft not hard to the touch, there is no pain. There is no noticable discomfort from breathing. The swelling sits right up under the left breast and can be described as a circled swollen area.
|

User Profile
replied February 11th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
What happened with the swelling?
Have it got bigger in a meantime?
What about your right side swelling?
Have you experienced other symptoms, too?
|

replied September 26th, 2008
Swelling like but w/o pain in left brest
Since morning i have above mentioned problem,same reoccured ,earlier it was before three months back.

Please reply immdiately by return mail.

Pinki
|

replied May 23rd, 2009
I have the same problem too but spasms just swelling

Naaz
|

replied December 7th, 2009
Knot under left breast ; sitting on top of first rib.
Lump under left breast ; on top of first rib. Kind of feels like a knot. I read where this happened to someone on here and have just had this happen to me also. It popped up two days ago. I do not know what it is. But it does not hurt unless I cough or laugh or move in a certain way. I havent been to doctor yet but the weirdest thing is that my daughter who is 15 has an MRI today because she has an area on the top of her same breast ,kind of over her heart , hers has been red around it at times and hurts when you touch it. I am worried something from my house is causing these problems. We just moved into a rental house two months ago and thats when the problems started. Not sure if its a coincidence or what but very nervous. Please offer advice.
|

replied December 10th, 2009
I have the same thing. It has been over a week now. I have had a sinus infection and a cough so I thought mayber I pulled a muscle. It is very sore to touch and the swelling is in a circular pattern. Hurts when I lift something or move the wrong way. I can't get into the doctor until next Tues. Has anyone found out what it is.. I am getting worried now.
|

replied February 17th, 2012
I have had the same problem i have swelling on the left side under my breast, i have been to the doctors and they said i have pulled a muscle.I am in so much pain i find it hard to lift anything. After visting the doctors 3 times she sent me for xray and now im awaiting for my results. Can anyone help? as it is really bothering me now.
|

replied April 9th, 2013
Swollen area top of left rib under left breast
I have the same problem, just as you all have described. It comes and goes, inflaming tissue. In the research I've done there are no real results although many women have done extensive tests. It feels like a pulled muscle, but it started with a spasm that was so violent (out of the blue) that it put me on my bed gasping for air and feeling a pain indescribable. Ever since, it's been a place that gets irritated, swollen soft tissue-like. Some blame underwire bras and the reconfiguring of the fatty tissue due to them. This also feels like a muscle separation from a rib. It's bothersome. Advil doesn't work. Neither does stretching. Almost scared to put ice or heat on it for fear of irritating it more. It usually goes away after a few days, but comes back, especially if I exercise or stretch lightly. HELP??
|

replied November 3rd, 2013
Swelling and discomfort/pain under left breast radiating to back
I have similiar problem. In April I had severe pain in my left upper side area. At the time I had two kidney stones so I attributed the pain to that. It hurt worse when I drove. After a road trip to Chicago in May. I had a swelled area on left side under breast. Prior to that every time i twist or turn my body the wrong way i would get a pain and a pulling type sensation like a big cramp in my chest and under my left breast area. I can't wear a regular bra so I wear sports type bras. The discomfort sometimes pain radiates to my back. It sort of feels like a muscle spasm in my back area or that something is in there. Trying not to freak out but this has been going on constantly since April and it is November. I have had Lithotripsy to blast the two stones will have X-ray and ultra sound in 3 months to determine if they are gone. But the pain which is mostly in my back still persist. My Urologist said the swelling looks likes something dealing with muscle not stones. I saw Internal medicine doctor who first said it just looked like the left rib stuck out a little more. I had a rib X-ray and they only saw the kidney stones. I also had an ultra sound and a cat scan and the only thing picked up were the stones. Any lifting or moving too much increases pain. Considered Costochondritis and tietze syndrome but my swelling is under the breast area not in center of chest. Any one with same symptoms get any diagnosis???
|

replied November 18th, 2013
Noneya8 I have the exact same issues. Did you see a doctor? what did they say? Im worried sick about breast cancer or something serious!
|