Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Community Chat Forum

Back From the Dr.

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
This morning Ava woke up and was so weak she couldn't stand up. She slept well last night and was able to hold down 1/2 toast and 1/2 cracker and some pedialyte from yesterday.
Well anyway, she was so weak. She was starving, so I gave her some milk and a few bites of biscuit but she didn't want much of either. We laid on the sofa and she fell asleep! That's not my Ava! I moved her into our bed and as soon as she laid down she vomitted EVERYWHERE!
I had to take a shower, she had to take a bath, and Jesse had to clean the sheets, since he's working nights and was sleeping when it happened.
So I called the dr. and explained what had been happening. We went in at 9:30. She said that there's a really bad virus going around in our area that's putting people in the hospital (hello, I"m one of them!).
She said Ava's not as bad as other babies she's seen recently. At least she doesn't have diarrhea. She said she's not dehydrated. She wants me to feed her 1-2 oz of soy formula every 3-4 hours and keep her mind off of eating solids. She said that if I must then give her a few nibbles off of some toast or crackers.
She said it can go on for another 2-4 days.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 29th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Oh No! I hope she gets to feeling better real soon! That makes me sad!
|

User Profile
Supporter
Oh, that is awful! Poor Ava! Poor you! Hopefully she gets better soon.
I, myself, am more of a fan of the 24hr bugs.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Aw poor Ava Sad I hate when our babies are sick. I hope that she gets over it really soon. Poor little thing!!
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
Get better Ava!! Hopefully it will be a speedy recovery!!!!
|

Especially eHealthy
poor ava! i feel so bad for her. i hope she's better soon!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
i hope she feels better soon
|

Extremely eHealthy
She's up from her nap and is soooooooooo cranky. She's very hungry. I gave her 2 oz of formula and it was just a tease. She was pissed when it was empty.
I feel so bad. I'll give her 2 oz again at 3 and let her take a nap.
By the way, she weighs 25 lbs 10 oz.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Poor little girl! I hope she gets better soon. I don't like it when my girls get sick
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Poor baby Sad I hate it when our babies get sick like that. I hope she feels better soon!
|

Extremely eHealthy
UPDATE: I fed her more than the dr. said to, but I don't care. I gave her 3 ounces of milk at her 2nd nap and 3 ounces for dinner. She also got 4 ounces before bed. She had 1 cracker. She refused toast and crackers for dinner.
She's been really happy since her 2nd nap. She took an hour to settle down. She kept saying, "I luv ya, I luv ya" her new favorite.
Maybe I put her down too early. I hope tomorrow is vomit free.
|