Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Craving sweets during pregnancy & Gestational Diabetes

Must Read
What is diabetes and what causes diabetes? Start here for basic facts about type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes. ...
What causes diabetes? Who is at risk of developing diabetes? Find out what can lead to the development of diabetes here....
Do you know the signs of the onset of diabetes? Read here to find out more about diabetes symptoms and when you need to seek help....
Is craving sweets a sign of gestational diabetes?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 28th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Re: Gestational Diabetes
mrsJ wrote:
Is craving sweets a sign of gestational diabetes?

I wouldnt think so, I've craved sweets my whole life. I'm a candy nut lol. Especially now that I'm 40 weeks prego. Are you prego too? I'd talk to a Dr. about this if your worried. Do you crave sweets 24/7? Tell your Dr. all the details you can and I'm sure he can answer ya a lot better then I can. Smile Goodluck!
|

User Profile
Experienced User
I don't think so, alot of women crave sweets during there pregnancy. I know it's been said you tend to crave what your body needs but I don't think having a sweet tooth is a sign of diabetes.
|

Experienced User
I don't crave sweets too much. It is just that I initially didn't want sweets at all but now that I am near my third trimester they are sounding awfully good. I am not too concerned I was just curious. I have my glucose tolerance test in a few weeks so if anything was wrong it will be caught then.
|