Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Fitness Forum

stamina building

Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
Hi there. I need a little advice from you guys. Well, my basketball team is nearing one of its most important tournys of the year at the end of the month. I was thinking of emphasizing stamina as our main strength in a team. So I was wondering whether there are any simple routines to build up stamina within a months time? It doesnt have to be related with any basketball exercises. Just simple exercises will doa. I was thinking whether jogging for about 5-7 km per day would help?.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 30th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Meh, jogging by itself would not do so much to build up their stamina. From what I noticed, basketball is a combination of both aerobic and anaerobic movements that shifts quickly from one to another. Jogging back and forth between courts suddenly become fast sprinting and jumping and back down. Jogging daily will work primarily on aerobic muscle movements, which will help for long lasting (with steady breathing) stamina. But that would do little to help anaerobic movements, how long your muscles can last without oxygen. A combination of suicides or sprinting at top speed maybe 50-100 meters, etc, with jogging and basketball drills could work out. This is a very elementary idea though, I don't pretend to be a basketball expert.

It is said that basketball players are the most lazy of all athletes =P. Hope you work your team out, and most definitely do not forget warm ups.
|
Did you find this post helpful?